21 Million responses can't be wrong -I hate my computer!!!!!

ehBeth

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 01:21 pm
HEHEHEHEHE

Quote:
The HP 9830, introduced in 1972, was the first desktop all-in-one computer. It even had BASIC in ROM, but few people know about it because HP marketed it primarily to scientists and engineers, very quiet people.

http://www.blinkenlights.com/classiccmp/hp/9830sm.jpg

http://www.blinkenlights.com/pc.shtml
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 01:27 pm
I too hate my computer.

And I think it hates me. It is constantly acting up. Some days it's so slow I can get up and use the bathroom before it is finished loading something from my desk top. And I'll call IT and they will say "what wrong?" and I try to show them and of course, the computer is functioning properly. It spites me. And make me look bad. One day, I promise you, my computer will rue all the days it made me look the fool......
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 02:05 pm
Yeah, Timber, I hear ya, but.... <hanging head in shame> I used to be a computer programmer -- learned on a Wang (wang doodle) that talked to a Boeing IBM mainframe. Spent years telling everybody else how to do stuff -- yes, I'm the one who wrote that documentation everybody hates. The first take-home computer I had came in a giant suitcase and had a phone cradle. You dialed the phone, then set the headset in the cradle. Lame.

I programmed in Assembler/Assembly... then COBOL... then Natural. It's not like I'm a complete klutz-o. Frankly, my first personal computer was an Apple -- because I was trying to emulate my customers (by then I was a contractor). Learned all about way too much stuff.

But this... POS... does things that I don't request. It is so jumped-up that everytime I put a CD in the either of these drives it starts buzzing around. And I know I have a CD-RW disk... I wrote on it just before it refused to let me write anymore and it was otherwise brand-new. This bugger reminded me of the days that every disk and diskette had to be programmed before it would accept data.

I believe you though re. "the problem is the amount of end-user control over the things" and am sure this is my fault. I am sure but I don't care. I'm sick of playing with this beast. Also, I don't like the key it hums in. I think it is Fflat.
0 Replies