Johnny Carson guest question....

Chai

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 09:47 am
This should be an easy one.....

I can't recall the last name of someone who appeared often in the earlier years.

First name Carol...She played the character of a ditzy dumb blond.

Long bangs in her eyes.

She died while swimming in the ocean I seem to remember....sad.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,520 • Replies: 8
No top replies

spidergal

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 09:50 am
Johny Carson who?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 09:51 am
Carol Wayne
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 09:56 am
Carol Who?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 10:16 am
http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/eccentric/jli1l1ij/fern-a.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/eccentric/wijl1l1i/matldy3.wav
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 10:38 am
Thanks eoe, you're a peach!!!!

http://www.carolwayne.net/newpictures117.jpg

Carol Wayne
Mini biography
Carol was a beautiful comedienne who appeared as the "Matinee Lady" on the "Tonight Show with Johnny Carson". She would come out during one of Carson's regular sketches known as "The Tea Time Movie". Carson played the lecherous character "Art Fern" and make references to Carol's ample bosom. She played opposite Carson in over 100 sketches. She also played on one of the most popular episodes of "I-Spy" opposite Robert Culp. While Carol seemed to make no attempt to downplay her role as a dim-witted sex symbol, in reality she did make many attempts to hone her acting skills by working in the multitude of situation and sketch comedies that adorned the seventies. Any performer will tell you that comedy is not easy, but Carol and sister Nina managed quite well working opposite some of the best in the business. Both Nina and Carol appeared in different episodes of "Bewitched" in the sixties.

Carol had one son, Alex, with rock artist and photographer Barry Feinstein. She died under extremely suspicious circumstances in 1985, and the events surrounding her untimely demise have to date gone unresolved. Although it may never be proven, many involved with the case suspected foul play was involved. But many will always remember Carol fondly for her charm and cheerful nature on many classic shows.
0 Replies

KetchupLady

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 09:28 am
Speaking of Carol's, I love Carol Brunnet. I used to watch re-runs with my grandparents. It was such a good sketch show, their highlight reel is just side splitting. I loved that they were on a constant mission to make each other laugh!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 03:29 pm
uh,....okay.......

speaking of grandparents, none of mine were named Carol. They didn't watch much TV either. They did like to play cards though, mostly gin rummy and crazy eights.
0 Replies

mytwocents

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 03:57 pm
Tea Time Lady
Teresa Ganzel was also one of the ditzy blonde Tea Time ladies, taking over the role after Carol Wayne's death in 1985. Although that has no relevance to the question asked, I felt compelled to mention it because a group of us actually got into a heated debate over the Tea Time lady's identity when someone saw Teresa Ganzel on an old game show rerun and commented that she had died.

When in doubt, do a Google search under images to see who's who.
0 Replies