What was that old cartoon? Help!

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 02:38 pm
Does anyone remember that old cartoon about a ?bulldog? and kitten - the dog really doesn't like the kitty and does a whole bunch of stuff to try get rid of it... then in the end everything is alright and the dog tucks the kitty into his rolls of fat like a blanket... something like that? PLEASE help if you can... i want to try and find it for my grandad who is sickly. He really loved it... bought it for me on vhs when i was little and fell in love with it more than i did... PLEASE HELP!!! Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,268 • Replies: 20
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 02:49 pm
Oh I think I know the one you mean!

If it's the one I'm thinking of the dog ends up carrying the kitty around on his head then the kitty goes missing so the dog carries around a cookie on its head.

Is that it?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 02:50 pm
Was it these guys?

http://www.toontracker.com/ruffredd/rufnred.gif
0 Replies

funducky

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 02:59 pm
Hey Boomerang. YES! That's the one i'm talking about! Do you know what it's called? lol
0 Replies

funducky

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 03:02 pm
Nah Gustav, those two aren't the ones. But thank you! They were a little cuter... I'm kinda taking a shot in the dark here...
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 03:22 pm
That is THE funniest cartoon ever made.

You know, I don't think it was any kind of famous character or part of a series or anything like that -- kind of an indy-cartoon -- and may be impossible to find.

The animation style was similar to the old "jazz" Tom and Jerry cartoons though, if I'm recalling correctly.

I'll poke around a bit but I'm not getting my hopes up of finding it since it was such a one-hit-wonder.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 03:24 pm
Was the tape you had sort of an assortment of cartoons? Do you remember anything else on there?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 03:38 pm
Here's an idea: I'll put on some soothing cartoon-searching music for a little background noise as you guys continue your feverish search. And as a bonus I will insert classic cartoon shots from years gone by.

Who will ever forget this classic scene....

http://members.aol.com/Polecattt/ss3.jpg

That was the moment Secret Squirrel's boss demanded Secret Squirrel put his badge on the desk. Remember? I think Secret Squirrel was becoming a little too independent, straying from company policy and all that, and the boss finally exploded.

I will never forget the scene. One of my favorites
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 03:49 pm
<snork>

Gus, you're too funny. This is exactly the type of entertainment I need today!

All my cartoon searchs are turning up cartoon shows and series. I can't seem to find much on those one-shot deals.

My favorites were always the cartoonumentaries - like the house of the future, cars of the future that kind of thing. I've tried to find those on video but never had any luck.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 03:52 pm
These two?

http://www.rickyseabra.com/images/FeedTheKittysm.jpg
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 03:52 pm
Does this sound like it?

Quote:
these cartoons are absolutely hilarious, and this collection has some real gems,
my personal favorite being "Feed the Kitty" a Chuck Jones masterpiece, involving an English Bulldog and his tiny kitty friend. When Marc Antony (Bulldog) first encounters kitty, he barks furiously, instead of running away the kitty purrs and rubs up against him. It is mutual love at first sight, and although Marc Antony endeavors to hide his little friend, eventually he is caught red-handed. There is a scene of the lady of the house baking cookies, and the kitty has been hiding in the batter bowl; when Marc Antony looks through the window, all he sees is the mixing bowl operating a a furious pace, and thinking his kitty has been chopped to bits, emits a tortured howl and collapses in grief on the sidewalk...when the lady comes out and lets him back in she gives him a cookie...unfortunately the cookie is in the shape of a kitten! Thinking it is his friend, he puts it on his back, where the real kitty used to ride, and then his chin quivers and he breaks down in really inconsolable sobbing. Then the kitty, unhurt, walks up to him and purrs and rubs his chin; Marc Antony is overjoyed! In the end, he is allowed to keep his kitty. This is a pure joy to watch.

It's from a Looney Tunes Golden Collection.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 03:54 pm
Exactly, that's what I had too J_B

http://www.nonstick.com/wpics/fk_marca.jpg
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 03:56 pm
That's it J_B! The cookie thing -- too too funny. I'm going to buy that tape and send it to my sister. We still crack up over that cartoon.

And that might be it too, CJane but for some reason I thought it was a tabby.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 03:58 pm
Awww man! J_B and CJane you guys are the best!

Ahhhh memories.

<sniff>
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 04:16 pm
Doesn't it look like the Pink Panther is staring directly at the question mark at the end of this sentence?http://www.gifs.net/animate/a-pinkp.gif

That is so friggin' cool!

Or now that I examine the panther more closely, it looks like he is staring above the word "sentence" and actually examining the word "this"

It is almost as if he can not quite comprehend what "this" means, and is blinking in a rather confused fashion.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 04:19 pm
Ok, I was just kidding. It looks like he is staring at me.

Can't blame him.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 10:22 am
I talked to my sister on the phone this morning and I was telling her about this thread about our favorite cartoon.

We cracked up all over again.

Her birthday is next week. I think I'll send her this.

Now I just need to figure out which Looney Tunes Golden Collection it is on -- there are quite a few!
0 Replies

funducky

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 01:19 pm
Oh my god! Calamity Jane is QUEEN! Yes! That's the one i'm looking for!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 01:57 pm
funducky wrote:
Oh my god! Calamity Jane is QUEEN!

Yes, that is what she prefers to called around here and we sometimes will humor her by addressing her in such a fashion.

(But only when she's feeling down.)
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 02:46 pm
Thank you funducky Smile

gustav: http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/schmoll.gif
0 Replies