Sitting on the _____ by the _____, watching the time.....

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 10:44 am
http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=showMyPhoto&albumID=50722278&photoID=50722608&security=dkhBgi
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,236 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 10:45 am
Sorry this link here

http://community.webshots.com/photo/50722278/50722608dkhBgi
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 09:29 pm
Algis, I would like to look at that site you give the link for, but am personally wary of webshots.com. The last time I clicked on it, I liked what I saw...whatever it was, and forwarded it to my work computer. My business partner checked it out and then Webshots took over the computer. She must have clicked on something that made it our homepage and embedded it in several places. I had to take the computer in to the fixit shop twice to get rid of it.

So...I am presuming it happened because of whatever my colleague clicked on, but I am not going there again, even though I had no problem with it with my home computer.

Also, is that your own art? The proper place to put that is in the Original Art thread and not this forum. Let me know if it is and I will get the topic moved.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 03:33 am
Sorry Algae - that's not a dock of the bay, appears to be the product of the John Deere Corp.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 07:54 am
Ossobuco,

Yes it's mine and yes you can. No I haven't had anything ever happen like that but thanks anyway.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 08:09 am
ossoB - webshots can be a bit aggressive, once you've made it your homepage. I've been able to go and look at quite a bit of Algis' work through webshots - but i'm very careful not to catch its (webshots) eye or shake hands with it.

It seems that selecting one of the webshots offerings as a screensaver or wallpaper automatically makes webshots your homepage. You can over-ride it, but it is a bit of a pain in the patootie.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 11:27 am
ehBeth , Now that I think of it , maybe way back when, mid nineties for sure, Webshots might have attacked me too. Powerfull programing. Thanks...
yeah thats it don't shake hands with it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 11:46 am
I tried to override Webshots and so did the computer fixit place I took the pc to, and then it still came up, and I hauled it back again. As I say, I don't know what my colleague clicked on...we don't need a new homepage! Let's just say I am skittish about it for me. The computer place suggested I download something called AdAware, which combats aggressive ads...but I am not so sure that's appropriate as the colleague may have clicked on the 'wrong' thing.
Still, I guess using AdAware couldn't hurt.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 01:40 pm
This topic has been moved

Nemmind ... carry on.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2003 01:42 am
Yeah, move it to Able2Plow
0 Replies