Not Just a Baseball Hero – Nomar Saves Two

Linkat

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 12:02 pm
Nomar Garciaparra rescued two women who had fallen into Boston Harbor. He was in his Charlestown condominium with his uncle Friday night when they heard a scream and splash. He ran out to help the woman and her friend also fell in hitting her head. Nomar's uncle jumped in from the balcony above.

When the one woman regained consciousness, the first thing she said was "Are you Nomar?" They pulled the women from the water as their husbands arrived and whisked them to the hospital.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/ny-spnomar1013,0,1701665.story?coll=ny-sports-headlines
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,064 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 12:50 pm
I knew it. Nomah is a hero.

One time, I was hungry. I had nothing in the house, and I was left wondering what to do. Moments later, the doorbell rang. It was Nomah, and he handed me a grilled chicken sandwich, a side of fries and a Coke. I said "thank you Nomah, however take the Coke back, I only drink diet."
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 01:49 pm
He has some super sonic hearing - he heard your stomach grumbling and voila!

He's like a superhero.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 03:00 pm
One day I was a few bucks shy of the grand total at the grocery store. As I pondered what to put back the young man behind me in line stepped up, handed the cashier a five dollar bill, winked and said "its on me".

Yep, it was Nomar.

He's the greatest.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 05:29 pm
One day I was late, yanno, I mean, that kinda late. And Nomah, he went to the drugstore for me. It turned out to be nerves, nothing else. What a pal.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 09:36 am
One time a baseball team that hasn't one a world series, in what seams like forever, traded a high paid shortstop to another team that hasn't won a world series in forever. Team one goes on to win a world series. Team two continues to pay high paid salary even though said shortstop rode the bench all year with a torn groin and ended up on the outside of the world series watching in.

Yep it was Nomar.
0 Replies