Grounded

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2002 02:35 pm
"Grounded"
I have done too many drugs, taking magic carpet rides due to personal problems with pride.
When in all truth I should have been home with cap and gown wearing no internal frown.
I took myself too far away from the ground as the final blow; knock out punch in the last round.
I can see the eyes roll back feeling it as their head thumps against the supposed soft canvas (below).
Dear god, I have been such an ass though hold no regret to the past.
It has taught me to learn and use my heart instead of only my brain that race's so fast.
If I use them together my chances are better.
I sit back to watch it all in my head, playing a silent movie as if observing a mime, though it all reflects on a past time not a future which I now control and is solely mine.
All those rides happened for a reason, for they make me view life, myself, and other people through a whole different season.
No longer lays need for exorcisms of demon I have done my own house cleaning.
Nothing swept under the rug, instead a future based positive self hug.
(Now that is the real drug)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,337 • Replies: 2
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 11:58 am
Good positive message. Thanks - edgar
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 05:54 am
I like the message here. I have become aware of so many things I've done that were . . . well . . . stupid. Yet, of course, they didn't feel wrong at the time or I wouldn't have done them. Your poem makes me feel better about all my awkward growing-up mistakes, instead of ashamed. Thanks, I feel . . . smarter than I used to be.
0 Replies