Anybody like Morrowind?

littlek

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 07:46 pm
How do I find out what my specs are....?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 07:59 pm
go to control panel, open up system, the general tab should tell you your processor type, mhz and ram

next check out the hardware tab and device manager, click on display adapters to see what video card you have

that should tell you most of what you need to know, direct x will probably be included with the game files, and most video cards in new comps will be direct x compatible
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 08:11 pm
Dj, your way worked too! I found this some other way (don't ask me to tell you how):

Acer Aspire 5000 Specifications:
CPU 1.6-GHz AMD Turion 64 ML-30
Operating System Windows XP Home Edition
RAM/Expandable to 512MB/2GB
Hard Drive 4,200-rpm 80GB
Optical Drive 2.4X DVD+R DL 8X DVD-ROM 4X DVD+RW 10X CD-W 4X DVD-RW 24X CD-R 8X DVD+R 24X CD-ROM 8X DVD-R
Display/Resolution 15.4-inch/WXGA
Graphics/Video Memory SiS integrated M760GX/64MB Video Memory (shared)
Wireless Networking 802.11b/g
Ports Three USB 2.0, headphone, mic, line in, Ethernet, modem
PC Card Slots One Type II
Memory Card Slots None
0 Replies

Ellinas

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 03:04 am
I have 3,01 Ghz processor, 512 MB RAM and a 256 MB GeForce graphic card, I don't think I will have many problems, however the game will maybe be slow especially if I buy it as a copy.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 10:03 am
Because of the video card?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 10:14 am
with a 64 mb video card you would have to run at a pretty low resolution, which would be too bad
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 10:15 am
yeah.... grrr
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 01:53 pm
I have Oblivion but I haven't played it much mainly for the fact that I reactivated my WoW account recently but also becuase I don't like the enemies to grow stronger as your character levels up.

Seems like an awesome game, will spend more time with it when there's time to be spent.

I've bought a new computer that handles it well for $700. I did have to build the computer myself and buy some of the stuff without it's orignal package but I've no regrets so far.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 01:46 pm
Quote:
Heeeeyyyyy! Is it as awseome as it should be after waiting so long for it to come out?

Wow. That's all I can really say about the game.

I'm a 100 hours into it and can easily see hundreds more. The graphics are awesome, the story is good, the charcter customization is good. Everything you loved about Morrowind with less hassles (nice clean interface).

I have it on the Xbox, and I can't understand people who would play this game for hundreds of hours on the computer. Much better to play on the couch in front of the TV than hunched over a desk.

Gripes: no more jump or levitate spells! I loved bounding across the countryside in Morrowind. But, you can fast travel from anywhere on the map now, which is nice.

I really couldn't recommend any game more, except for maybe Katamari Damacy.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ellinas

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 01:32 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:
, the charcter customization is good.

Can you tell us some more? Are the races the same with Morrowind?

Character customization is one of my favourite parts in such games Smile .
0 Replies

Ashers

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 05:03 pm
The thing with system specs is some not being met will result only in sub-par performance while others, namely graphics cards, may result in no game at all. I suspect a 64MB graphics card will simply not run Oblivion but that's a guess. The problem is with ever new technologies and new versions coming out like pixel shaders etc, Oblivion looks really good.

I'm still playing through Morrowind myself, had to stop for a while (exams Crying or Very sad ) but despite some of the quite major criticisms I've heard levelled at it, muchos gracias from me to the developers. I may have to wait a while to run through the forrests in Oblivion though.
0 Replies