Lost graphics

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 09:21 pm
timber, HELP!

For some unknown reason, my graphics disappeared, and I'm now getting small squares with a red square, a green dot, and and blue triangle.

Q: How can I fix it to get my graphics back?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 953 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Charli

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 09:54 pm
Which graphics?
Which graphics? All of them? Everywhere? (Or, only on A2K?) Even on the hard-drive(s)? What graphics programs are you using? Are these graphics you are sending? Receiving? Or both?

Please describe the "problem" more fully. When? Where? How? Maybe someone here will be able to fill in the "Why."

Good wishes! Smile --Charli
[/color]
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 09:59 pm
Everything below the top section of my internet browser has the small squares. On a2k, all the parts that are supposed to be some form of graphic only shows the small squares.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 01:20 am
Lets take this a step at a time here. Have you rebooted? That often clears things up. This is a browser problem, right? I mean, you have full graphics display in Windows Explorer, right? You can view stored image files, like from My Pictures", and that sorta thing, and media files, in whatever media player, OK, right?

If thats the case, what browser and version are you using, and what is your operating system and Service Pack? Have you installed or removed any hardware or software in the recent past?
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 06:37 am
You're in good hands!
Congratulations, timberlandko, for coming onboard so quickly!!! Thanks, too, from this novice!

C.I. - You're in good hands!

I'll be looking in from time to time. This problem is not one of ours at the moment. However, you never know . . .

[/color]
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 10:10 am
Yes, I have rebooted several times, and it is a browser problem, because my other files with pictures work okay, and my stored image files are okay.

I'm using the SBCglobal.net/Microsoft Internet Explorer operating on Windows xp w/sp2. I have removed only Yahoo Messaging recently.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 11:21 am
Learned something new; I can right click on the box and hit Show Picture - and the picture comes up.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 11:32 am
Just here for a minute, c.i. - prolly won't be able to respond again for a few hours. Does this happen on every website or just some websites, or just A2K?

Have you tried resetting all of your Security/Privacy options to "Default"? (Tools>Internet Options>"Security" tab, select each zone, click "Default", then "Apply", then "Privacy" tab, select "Default", then "Apply", then "OK". Close all instances of Internet Explorer, then relaunch)

What firewall, antivirus, and/or AdBlocker/Popup Blocker are you using?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 11:51 am
timber, Followed your instruction step-by-step, but still not getting graphics on a2k or SBCYahoo browser. ;(
0 Replies