Part for Chrysler Van - Cannot find!!!!

cjhsa

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 05:18 pm
You know those rear side windows that pop out in the back of the minivans? Well, the motor mount, which is part of the motor assembly, broke in half on ours and now the window just flaps around. For the life of me, I cannot find a replacement part on the Internet. I've searched on:

chrysler parts
chrysler town and country parts
chrysler town and country rear window parts
etc. etc. etc.

till I'm blue in the face. Can anybody help? What do they call these things anyway?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,461 • Replies: 10
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2005 12:23 pm
Anybody? Help! Even the parts places don't know what I'm talking about. They probably don't break very often, but ours got stuck in the open position and big ol' me broke the mount trying to force it shut.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2005 12:41 pm
cj,
Have you tried a junkyard or pick and pull lot. That would be my first place to check.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2005 12:44 pm
Is there a Chrysler owners forum anywhere

When I needed something for my old Honda, I wandered around a coupla Honda owners forums til someone knew what I was asking for.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2005 12:56 pm
These folks are miles away from you, but you may find a similar place in your area. They found seat belts for my old Volvo after the belts' distruction by a certain frisky corgi...
They searched and found a pair of the right seat belts on line for me.

http://www.johnsautowrecking.com/
0 Replies

curtis73

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 10:06 pm
Just do a search for "mopar salvage" and you'll turn up thousands of mopar-only salvage yards who could probably ship the part to you in two days for $10
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 08:24 am
Thanks Osso, that one came as close as anything, bu they still didn't have the part. Searching on "mopar salvage" brings up a ton of links that are almost excusively collections of more links, with almost all of them reaching back into the same database. No luck.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 09:20 pm
So, still nothing. We did replace the passenger window mechanism and it subsequently broke, and was replaced for free today. The mech claimed the door was f--ked up from a collision - no such thing ever happened.

Stupid windows. Van only has 82K on it.
0 Replies

maxpower hd

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 06:19 am
cjhsa,

I have the most luck going to salvage yards for such parts. You can find one in the Yellow pages under used auto parts. Many of them have parts locator services as well. You can also try one of the on-line locator services such as www.junkyarddog.com. I have used them before for hard to find parts. They send out the request and you get e-mails from different yards across the country that have that part. The only other option for that type of part is the dealer.

Hope this helps.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 06:58 am
Thanks!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 11:47 am
cjhsa, haven't seen you around... things ok?
0 Replies