If you were a Sitcom character who would you be?

Mame

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 10:23 pm
@Linkat,
Hey, I can sing out of key as well as anyone!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 10:24 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Okay if we're going that far back, I'd be the talk show host Martin Mull played on Fernwood 2Night. That was hilarious. Just around the time of the Mary Hartman one. I haven't watched sitcoms in years, so that might be my most recent Smile

So funny I was actually thinking of Mary Hartman so yes that is good to go.
Mame

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 10:26 pm
@Linkat,
I just picked the first one up, so don't know if this is good, but they were very funny at the time - 1977.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCsnTxjRNPA
Mame

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 10:29 pm
@farmerman,
That's 100% Canuck. He and his wife were both very talented. Did you also watch "22 Minutes"? Another Cdn farce show.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 10:34 pm
@Mame,
Love it ..I do remember watching this I wonder how young I was I think in high school? Oops just saw the year just a bit younger middle school ..don't remember the exact episode but defiantly remember watching the show
Mame

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 10:37 pm
@Linkat,
Who knows anymore? lol I loved SCTV!! That was just the best show at the time - also 70s, I think. Just goofy Canadian humour, much like SNL in the old days. A lot of those guys crossed over (to the US).
Mame

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 10:38 pm
@Mame,
You can get a lot of this on youtube.

Do you remember AbFab? A British show? Loved that, too.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 10:41 pm
I almost picked Bob of Bob Hearts Abishola. But Mr Douglas fits me better. People used to kid me I was making Mr Douglas's speeches all the time.
Mame

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 10:43 pm
@edgarblythe,
You've lost me. Never heard of any of it. Why are you still awake? It's almost 11 pm where I am... where are you (country, time zone)? Are you having an episode of something (i.e. insomnia, gout, indigestion)? lol
Linkat

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 10:45 pm
@Mame,
Not heard of that. Personally I tend to like clever humor over slapstick..not sure if that is an actual term but when I pointed out before what I consider humor someone aligned it with being clever,..which seemed to make sense with me.

I typically don't like humor with a lot of swear words I find most tends to shock rather than be funny..an odd fellow I find funny is Bob Newhart saw him in stand up..I don't think you need to be crass to be funny.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 10:48 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

You've lost me. Never heard of any of it. Why are you still awake? It's almost 11 pm where I am... where are you (country, time zone)? Are you having an episode of something (i.e. insomnia, gout, indigestion)? lol

I am up late too. I tend to do so on weekend nights because it is the few times I can spend a couple of hours being by myself.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 10:48 pm
@Mame,
Bob Hearts Abishola is a prime time show on ABC. Mr Douglas is a character from an old show called Green Acres.

It's just a quarter to midnight here.
Mame

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 10:50 pm
@edgarblythe,
I remember Green Acres - wasn't a Gabor in that show? Green Acres, it's the place for me...
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 10:51 pm
@Mame,
Ava Gabor.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 10:52 pm
@Linkat,
I hear ya! This is actually late for me as I'm an early bird but this pandemic has wreaked havoc on everything... don't mind, though - it's fun chatting with whomever is up.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2021 03:16 pm
@Slappy Doo Hoo,
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:

I'd be Bill Cosby.

Except for the part about being black, a doctor, old, having a family, and having an annoyingly clean sense of humor.

But how about the sex conviction? Does that fit you?

Oh my gosh - I am definitely granny....I was reading through some old stuff saw this and answered it again and completely forgot I answered it a few months ago ---

Either that or I am working too hard.
0 Replies

VABGirl

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2021 04:25 pm
Rose on 2 1/2 Men
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2021 05:54 pm
Rhoda Morgenstern some days; her mother, others.
0 Replies

WendyDarling

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2022 04:15 pm
Maude from the show, Maude, or Phoebe from Friends.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2022 04:26 pm
@WendyDarling,
Lister from Red Dwarf.
0 Replies