Another series remake

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 12:04 am
That's right kiddies!!! Shocked Just when you thought that it was all over, ABC has aired the pilot episode of the "Night Stalker" at 10 p.m. 9/29/05.If you tune in to the Sci Fi channel on Thursdays between 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. you can watch the original.
i came, i saw, and i watched as yet two series (guess the other one, if you can) were mangled into this pish posh of bad acting, slimmy special effects, and overall lack of imagination.
Well, at least the commercials were semi entertaining. :wink:
Anybody else happen to catch this show?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 498 • Replies: 1
No top replies

edithdoll

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2005 04:30 pm
Hi: Haven't seen it yet. In general I'm uncomfortable with remakes. The thing about Sci Fi with all this cross programming really worries me. Now that Vivendi Universal owns NBC and its cable outlets (Bravo, USA, SciFi, et al.) -- we are seeing more of it. I'm not saying cross promotion or airing of reruns is a bad thing. Sometimes shows can obtain a following as replacements or reruns especially on the off seasons on cable. I'm just worried about corporate thinking in general, and how quickly series will be pulled, especially with production costs and salaries for more well known actors. Vivendi seems to be bent on the remake of Battlestar Gallactica as being SciFi's flagship show. To be fair, I haven't watched it, because I never watched or liked the orginal back in the day. So far it seems to be both a critical and commercial success. Nightstalker maybe gone in a blink if it does not see similar success--I guess we shall see. Again, I'm a little worried about the idea of remakes: it was a hit before let's remake it and have it be a hit again, I think in general it cuts out a lot of new, original ideas out there. Just one opinion...
0 Replies