What Made This Thread Die A Quck Death?

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 11:53 am
Here is a rough draft:

Be it resolved that no official or functionary....elected, appointed, or volunteer...of this nation shall, at any time and under any circumstances, in the course of his or her official duties, ever invoke, impeach, implore, pray to, beseech, entreat, petition, exhort, beg, suggest...or in any other way recognize or acknowledge the existence of...any gods whatsoever....

...under penalty of immediate and summary removal from office.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 11:54 am
I am neither.... I am the apathy.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 12:00 pm
Frank,

Thank you for writing up your draft. Ok, comments, discussion, etc., on any of the laws written so far (comments by anyone?)
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 12:06 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Here is a rough draft:

Be it resolved that no official or functionary....elected, appointed, or volunteer...of this nation shall, at any time and under any circumstances, in the course of his or her official duties, ever invoke, impeach, implore, pray to, beseech, entreat, petition, exhort, beg, suggest...or in any other way recognize or acknowledge the existence of...any gods whatsoever....

Fairly sensible really, the ultimate seperation of church and state. One sub clause that should be added is what constitutes a "god".
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 12:11 pm
Questioner wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Here is a rough draft:

Fairly sensible really, the ultimate seperation of church and state. One sub clause that should be added is what constitutes a "god".

Excellent point!

Anyone with any suggestions on this?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 12:16 pm
By the way...as a curmudgeon at local council meetings...

...I often have to cite laws in my arguments before the members...

...and each municipal law (and I suspect all other kinds of laws)...

...have as an addendum a list of definitions of all terms that might be considered ambiguous.

Obviously, law makers realize the need for this.

We probably don't have to go that far at this time....but it is something to keep in mind.
0 Replies