I need a new hair style.

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 09:56 pm
Yep GW...your right.

And yes...I studied Cosmotology. I only have 300 hours left to get my liscense. I have quit a clientel built up when I took time off from school to work for a bit. ( Biggest mistake ever!)

That 300 hours would have only taken me about three months to finish up. But I listened to a man..........lol
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 10:00 pm
Dangit, Shiver! Well, now you have your cafe....
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 10:01 pm
Yeah...I have the cafe.....lol

And working on an A.A.B...lol Call me the "jack of all trades and a master of none!"
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 10:11 pm
AAB? What's the first A stand for?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 10:12 pm
Weeellll, I have to go to bed. thanks. everyone. for all the help.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 06:45 am
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/nakedpeoplerock/modelnightnonumber.jpg

What about something like this?
From what I have seen in your pictures, you have thick long brown almost perfectly straight hair.. ( quite beautiful too )
this is a heavy on the layers/ choppy design that fits your hait style well.
It is a pretty much wash and go style as you like, ..?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 07:48 am
Littlek, why don't you go for something completely different and eye catching?

Why not try something a bit like this.......................

I was thinking of something like the one on the right, who is in actual fact President Chirac, but I'm sure it would also look good on a female.

http://k.domaindlx.com/lordellpus/punk.jpg
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 01:14 pm
A.A.B.

Associate of Arts in Business
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 01:38 pm
Littlek, just found this thread. Actually, I love the cut that shewolf posted. It could be longer if you want to maintain a little length, but your long neck is gorgeous--I wouldn't try to minimize it.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 01:43 pm
my thought as well
LK is so beautiful! I doubt there is a cut she cant wear, but this one would frame her face, show her neck and be stylish, wash and go, and not TOO drastic of a change for her..
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 03:06 pm
ehBeth wrote:
I'm a fan of the find-someone-whose-hair-you-like and then ask them where they got their hair cut. Or sort of loiter around some salons to see what comes out.

If a bunch of soccer moms come out - don't go in.

Yeah, that's what I do when I need a new hair-dresser. Keep your eyes open for someone that seems to have hair like yours, and a style you like, and find out who she goes to.

A good hairdresser is worth her weight in gold.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 03:12 pm
I love the cut Shewolf posted, but I'm not sure it'd work with the top have of my face.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 07:36 pm
I got my haircut yesterday. It's well above my shoulders, very texterized. It's similar to shewolf's image, but longer around my face. I'll get a picture up someday. I am still deciding if I like it (it's uneven, which doesn't help). For some reason, I had to pay twice what I normally pay there.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 07:42 pm
Sounds good! (Er, not the twice what you normally pay, but the end result.)

How'd you describe what you wanted?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 07:45 pm
I told her what you all said.... well, mostly what Shiver said. I wanted her to texterize it to add lift to the roots. She suggested I go shorter than I wanted, I agreed. She suggested I grow my bangs longer and brush them to the side, I agreed. I told her that I liked the chaotic flippy ends, but after the cut she proceeded to blow dry it like a soccor mom cut. Baffling.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 09:07 pm
Didja have to pay for a cut instead of a trim maybe?

<waiting for a pic>
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 09:10 pm
Hair cut $25 - $50
Hair cut & blow dry $40 - $60

Usually, I don't get it dried, but I can't imagine why a blow dry would double the price. I followed this stylist to the burbs because I liked him. I've been to the salon in the burbs 3 times now and have had a different stylist do my hair the last 2 times. He wasn't in the shop when I went this last time, so they didn't really have him to tell them what to charge me. I'm sure if I told them it was twice what Jimi charged me, they'd have dropped the price a little. Well, maybe not 'sure', but I think they would have.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 09:18 pm
well, the blow dry means STYLING - and that usually means, among other things, time.

a wash, cut and blow dry should take roughly twice as long as a wash and cut - and is priced that way.

I usually don't like the STYLING results - but if it makes the woman who cuts my hair happy to give me a STYLE - and if that means I get the cut I want under the STYLE, I'm happy.

Time for a photo with Slappy again, so we can see the difference.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 09:24 pm
I dunno about the 'with Slappy' part, but i'll work on the doo.

I think that the cut itself cost more and the blow dry added to it. But, still. That's out of my price range.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 08:09 pm
Alright, I borrowed my housemate's camera..... Gawd I dislike pictures of myself.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QgAJA4MTwIFOIaHjjjGZ5wJexhrkINgjyePkwPznK8zQo8yNjPdN47NllpGRVlcmf4meOerhkNubUZCla*zyR!TgzenFBrPBUQTIDoSpQtY/05cut1.jpg

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QgD3AoQT!4F6QD5krvBdiozaSInKmP4tJgMG6wzanrMfwenQyaQbo7DtjARF5RC5R0CJXgdhtr1wqRYLugJWZ3pz3iEyZxLpy*Mt5eE*EI8/05cut2.jpg

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QgAOA4YTcYJV7RHhjGeGPXX98mVPQG1MS1xwcYDXKKRSooZh6twPf7AOANdq2ptGz6!adw21yXzPCs95RG882seDc31XEEUw!j!bIHao1no/05cut4.jpg
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 12:42:18