I need a new hair style.

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 07:39 am
dys, i will die anyways i'm afraid. one day, i mean. not right away.

i know olga, but i'm far too impatient. once i will be hit by a fit of bravery and yearning for change, it will go - whether when i walk in to a hairdresser, or, as sometimes to me, when i spot scissors and a mirror...

we'll seeeeeee. but probably not this weekend then, since a2k doesn't wish it.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 07:53 am
Buy a pair of bright red shoes instead! Very Happy That should keep you happy till you're certain a cut is what you really want. Cool
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 07:58 am
Dag, what happens as a woman gets older? She keeps cutting her hair shorter, and shorter, and shorter...next thing you know she looks like she's in the military.

Stay young Dag....stay young.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 08:00 am
ok, will scrounge up some resolve to keep if for a little longer.
damn you a2k people, standing in the way of my spontanneity. i was forbidden to clean oil paintings, and now to cut my hair... ok, i do reckon i am probably better off listening. so i will.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 08:01 am
ooooh, red shoes! you're RIGHT! i only have summer red shoes. i NEED winter red shoes. if it seems like i'm shouting, WELL I AM! and i DON'T KNOW WHY, other than i'm brutally hungover... (went to bed at 6:30am. yes, 6:30am, you heard right.)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 08:05 am
When all else fails, buy more shoes! It works for me every time, dag!
Yes, I definitely think you need some screaming red ones. Very Happy
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 08:20 am
eeeyep, i hear yur noize. i smell what ya steppin in. i'm pickin up what ya puttin down, girl!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 08:21 am
Laughing
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 08:30 am
I vote for keeping it long, too. Especially for fall and winter. I've always regretted cutting my hair just as the weather turns cold. HATE feeling gusts of cold air on my neck.

LOVE the new bangs! (Very seductive look in that picture...)

The good thing about long hair...you can always wear it different ways. If you feel like a shorter look one day, you can do that.

Now, go get those red shoes. And get some funky jewelry while you're at it. This time of year always puts me in the mood for bolder jewelry.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 08:50 am
et tu, brutus?

ok, you people win. <serious pout>
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 09:06 am
I said, "what are you not liking?" Not that I voted for long hair.

I like what you are calling short, in the photo with your nephew as much as I do the long hair. It seems to go with your personality...

You look swell either way.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 09:13 am
Yeah.

I like it long, I like it short. What looks best tends to be what you like the most. If you feel funky and stylish and whatever you want to feel, that will come out in how you hold yourself, what clothes you choose to wear, everything. So even if someone may prefer longer hair or shorter hair, in the end, people react to how you're feeling and how you project that. (Well, some exceptions, there are prolly hairstyles that would just result in someone saying "WHAT WAS SHE THINKING?!!!" :-D But of the two you're presenting as possibilities, they're both nice.) (Personally, the one I like best is the one with your hair just-washed and not blown out -- I like natural waves.)
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 09:19 am
oh, ok. i don't like the profile. if i have good anything, it's my neck. it's long and lean (like stevie ray vaughan would say) and makes my head look not-so-humongous (i have a thinker's head, you know) and i think long hair makes me look shorter and chubbier in general.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 09:58 am
So why don't you layer it more dagmar? Something like
this here would suit you well too

http://beauty.about.com/library/graphics/Oval2.JPG
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 10:32 am
yeah, i could do that. haha, i could even do that myself, it seems she just chopped off bits and pieces of her hair here and there. but my armenian hairdresser would kill me if he learnt i intend to butcher my hair alone, so i won't.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 10:34 am
Yeah!

I really like that style!

You can wear it up or down, brushed back or give yourself some bangs, curly or straight.

That's my vote.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 04:01 pm
It took 2-3 years to grow, it'd take 15 minutes to cut. Why not keep it long for a while and play with it. It's easier to cut it later than to grow it out later...... does that make sense?
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 04:30 pm
Long hair is just that...its 'long'...you need to have a style to it
other wise it can just drag your face down and make you look older than you are...the photo that CJ put up is an excellent example, and dont go cutting it yourself.
Long hair is just boring, boring, boring if there is no life to the style at all.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 04:35 pm
ummm. yes. for some people. then for others, it's not.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 04:45 pm
I left town for a business trip a few minutes after my last post on this thread - so didn't see the bangs. I think they really work.

Dasha, I thought about your hair while I was at my meeting. About 200 insurance/legal people in Michigan. About 40 of the women had your straightened/no-bang thing. Great look if you're a woman working in an office in the mid-west Confused Truthfully, seeing so much of it made it look really old-school.

Hair grows <shrug>. That's one of the reasons it's fun. I've grown mine past shoulder length twice in the last three and a half years. Cut it off VERY VERY short once during that period. Cut it, grow it, colour it. Take good care of your health, and you can grow more hair even if it all falls out from too many chemicals.

Have fun with it - you don't want to be 50 or 60 or whatever and regret not doing fun stuff with your hair while it was acceptable. <that's why I shaved mine off when I turned 30 - ya can't do that at 60 - especially in my world>
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 07:37:24