I need a new hair style.

Green Witch

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 09:14 pm
Littlek, I think the only photo I have seen of you is the Lady Godiva one. I don't know what to suggest based on that.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 09:14 pm
Littlek this link may give you more ideas

Hair Styles
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 09:16 pm
Am I the only one who is taking this thread seriously?

C'mon, people!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 09:18 pm
Well, like everyone, makemeshiver, I don't fit neatly into hair categories.

My hair is medium thick, medium textured, it is slightly wavy and starting to go show grey. It's relatively healthy and shiny.
I need wispy bangs (or have always thought so) because I have a short-ish forhead. Unfortunately, bangs cover my eyebrows which are nice.

My neck is slightly too long and my face is somewhere between oval and rectangular.

So, now I have shoulder-length hair with longish layers and it looks limp at my scalp. My face is a bit on the harsh side, so I need a soft line of hair around it.

Gus, is that Ross Perot?

I'll check out Reyn's links.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 09:21 pm
The haircut was bad enough, Gus, but did you have to break the foot off her favorite horse figurine, too?

You're a cruel man.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 09:22 pm
Some pix:

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgAJA4wXyJY*l1nl6dQuxqsQ8coJ68eCW!yBimvWK1MnILn7hgCOvJ1dqxiK875VpXhRdVd4WBuVfJdQ1QH9LJ6q0MKgJ*a5QoR0CoqH9FsByeSUjfXYyw/krisandpumpkin.jpg

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SQD*AkgW0ETCVDdzHwevkriLNjZyp3X*8PKaXuxm36fbaBpL8dkafV3rZuELLwdPIv2tugXaaJOJWWmPg6gW4bYSnitFV4Sxiu7SAU4ZgwsvHSMgvDSozQ/SlappyDashaMe.JPG

Do you think I may just have to start 'doing' my hair? Maybe that'd be the easy (but much maligned) solution.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 09:23 pm
I tried one of those replace your hair with other styles websites..... it wasn't very helpful.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 09:27 pm
Wow, you look nice with that hairstyle there!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 09:28 pm
Where!?!

I kind of like this cut:

http://www.kimlakehair.com/seattlebeautysalon/pic/exbefore02b.jpg
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 09:29 pm
Ok..without seeing you firsthand...and this is merely my opinion...you know, its like assholes, we all have one......lmao

If you need the bangs, keep them....
Have them razor them, if your hair is not too curly, or have them texturize them when they cut them. Its easy thing to do....

Have your hair cut into your face at the sides...that will soften the line up around your face...

You want to leave the length of your hair, I'm assuming that its long now...cause the shorter you go, the longer your neck looks.

If you'll have them layer it, making the top shorter, and texturizing it, it will give it some volume at the top and not lay flat.

But the shorter you go on top, the more high maintenance hair becomes. Depending on the style you choose.

I've always been one of them that liked high maintenance hair cuts...short, spiky and spiked out in the back, but now I'm growing it longer.....go figure.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 09:29 pm
littlek wrote:
Where!?!

The 2nd pic with the 3 of you. Nothing wrong there, in my opinion.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 09:30 pm
Thank you, Shiver..... I keep wanting to try shorter layers.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 09:30 pm
Reyn, really? Hmm....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 09:31 pm
Have you tried something without those wispy bangs? They seem to be an ongoing mmmmmmm not problem but something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I like shivers ideas about "making the top shorter, and texturizing it, it will give it some volume at the top and not lay flat. "
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 09:33 pm
The bangs are one, smallish, issue. I sort of need something there, I think. Unless I want to spend time poofing up my hair in the front.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 09:33 pm
If I was cutting your hair after seeing the pictures...I'd cut you in a 90*, that would give you more layers.

I'd whip out the razor and texturize the bangs, and cut it into your face on the sides.....the top, I'd razor enough to give you some vavooom that would lift up the hair...........

Basically a repeat of what I have already said...LOL
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 09:36 pm
Well, damn, how come my hair style guy doesn't get it? Shiver, did you cut hair in a previous life?

k, how about this. one cut I adored was not layered on the outside(?), but razor-blunted at the bottom, on the inside. Does that make sense? It caused the ends of my hair to do random flips.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 09:36 pm
shivers has got it!

the bangs don't need to be poofed up, if they're texturized properly.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 09:37 pm
ok..... texturized..... that means chopped into?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 09:37 pm
I think m'shiver is right about the layers and angle. It would give you more volume. It would still be "wash and wear", but with more texture.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 09:46:59