I need a new hair style.

littlek

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 07:08 pm
How do I go about getting one? My hair is good, but the style is..... well, sort of 'eh'. How does one decide on a new style? For that matter, how do you decide on the right hair dresser? I had one great hairdresser, but that was a long time ago in both time and space, so, she's no longer an option.

Do you really just go in and tell them you want them to come up with something....?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 9,971 • Replies: 263
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 07:15 pm
I believe I know you well enough that I can answer this one, k.

Your hair is long and straight. I suggest a bit more curl....

http://www.yojos-hairstyle.com/pics/wildmixed/07.jpg
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 07:16 pm
I have a little extra time this Saturday afternoon. If you want me to do your hair.... come on over.
0 Replies

colorbook

I'm not sure littlek, it seems everytime I tell the hair dresser what I want, it never turns out that way...
0 Replies

littlek

Ok!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 07:19 pm
Remember the time you showed us a picture of the cut you didn't ask for? It was good. Go back and tell him just what you want, and see what he comes up with instead.
0 Replies

littlek

colorbook, that's been my problem, too. I tell them to do something, they look dubious, I get out and I have a 'eh' haircut. Everyone everywhere is doing that soccor mom hair style and I hate it.

I like my hair a bit funkier. I tell them to make my hair sassy. I get soccor mom. I tell them to make it choppy, I get soccor mom. I tell them specifically to cut in layers, I get limp and dog-ear-ish.
0 Replies

littlek

Roger, that's how I ended up with that not-so-great haircut.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 07:20 pm
Duplicate post, but what the heck. Everybody liked it but you.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 07:21 pm
What is soccer mom hair in the Somerville vortex?

<I'm guessing it's a bit different from the Tranna version>
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 07:22 pm
I'm sorry, dear, this is toooooo easy...I'm not here often, I just got back from the "Insult Thread"

I'll just keep my trap shut, that won't get me in to trouble...

...will it?
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 07:22 pm
Tell them to do soccer mom style. Reverse psychology, then maybe you'll get what you want Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 07:24 pm
I'm a fan of the find-someone-whose-hair-you-like and then ask them where they got their hair cut. Or sort of loiter around some salons to see what comes out.

If a bunch of soccer moms come out - don't go in.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 07:26 pm
BTW, what does soccer mom style look like?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 07:27 pm
Aw, just say it, Bigdice. You're in trouble anyway. You are a man, after all.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 07:34 pm
Funnily enough, I can't find a picture of what I'm calling the soccor mom cut.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 07:36 pm
Beth, I have been trying that approach. Unfortunately, I still haven't found a place in my price range.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Be glad for that, my dear! ;-)

As roger said, I'm in deep doo-doo anyway!
0 Replies

littlek

BigDice, I'm glad to see you, but your post is cryptic. I don't know what you're saying.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 07:37 pm
I think I know what you mean, littlek.

There are a few variations -- shortish, mediumish, a bit lonnger than mediumish -- but I think I know what you mean.

It's the Columbus version of the shortish one that really annoys me. There's all kindsa stuff sticking out in the back in a groomed, sorta flip-ish way and it looks -- dumb.

I dunno, anything that I see 10 times in the supermarket earns my wrath even if one of 'em is OK.

I got my first really "there ya go!!" haircut in years recently by saying I wanted it to look bohemian. <shrugs> That is, I talked about clothes I like to wear and the overall feel I wanted from it and this lady got it.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I need a new hair style.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 05:31:35