Looking for info on RainSoft AQC50 (Gold Series)

OhioGuy

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 09:10 pm
I purchased a used RainSoft AQC 50 water treatment system, and I would like to find out how to access programming options for capacity, hardness, etc. Also, the system came with a non-backwashing carbon filter. How long will the carbon last in this, since it doesn't get backwashed?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,864 • Replies: 6
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 11:02 am
Contact RainSoft customer service. They will mail you a booklet.
http://www.rainsoft.com/warranty_mail.asp

I am not affiliated with this company.
0 Replies

OhioGuy

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 07:14 pm
H2OMAN, thanks for the reply. I did contact RainSoft via their web site, and they emailed the pdf manuals to me the next day. Unfortunately, the softener manual does not tell you how to access the advanced settings. I did figure out how to use the Raindrop button, though, and I think I've deciphered the codes that I need. Very Happy

I'm hoping to be able to install the softener this weekend. Should I clean the resin before putting the unit in service, or would a regeneration be sufficient? Also, I don't know how long the unit was sitting unhooked and idle before I bought it, so I am considering just replacing the media. What is your opinion on this?

As far as the carbon filter is concerned, the manufacture date on the unit is 2001, so I figure the carbon needs replaced. I already have a carbon filter on my well system, so I'm not even going to worry about that right now. If I do replace the carbon in the future, what should I look for?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 08:37 pm
Yeah, the secret drop lets you into the computer Cool

Unless it was used on water that had a high amount of iron I would just
hook up the softener, run water through it to flush it then regenerate it.
It should be fine after one or two regenerations with quality salt.
You may want to put a splash of Clorox in the salt tank for the first regeneration.

The carbon should be replaced every 36 months or so.
You want to use coconut shell granulated activated carbon.

HTH
0 Replies

OhioGuy

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2005 10:41 pm
Well, I still haven't installed the softener, but I did empty the resin tank to see how much resin was in there. There was less than .5 cf. The tank size is 8x44, so I believe I can put up to .75 cf in it. If I want to add more resin, can I add it to what is already in there (approx. 4 years old), or should I go ahead and just put all new resin in it? What type / brand of resin is recommended, and what would the approx. cost be? Should I order it online, or purchase locally (Columbus OH)? Oh, the questions! :wink:

I'm also thinking of a possibility for changing my water treatment setup, but if I go further on that, I'll start a new subject.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 06:17 am
OhioGuy wrote:
Well, I still haven't installed the softener, but I did empty the resin tank to see how much resin was in there. There was less than .5 cf. The tank size is 8x44, so I believe I can put up to .75 cf in it. If I want to add more resin, can I add it to what is already in there (approx. 4 years old), or should I go ahead and just put all new resin in it? What type / brand of resin is recommended, and what would the approx. cost be? Should I order it online, or purchase locally (Columbus OH)? Oh, the questions! :wink:

I'm also thinking of a possibility for changing my water treatment setup, but if I go further on that, I'll start a new subject.

If you are going to add some, you should just go ahead and replace it all.
Sybron C-249 resin is sold in a .75 cu. ft. bucket. (about $150.00 plus shipping)
A little red flint gravel in the bottom of the tank will support the riser pipe and insure a better backwash.
0 Replies

OhioGuy

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 08:10 am
Thanks again, H2O_MAN. Now, if you wouldn't mind, wander over to my new thread - Water Treatment System Setup Possibilities. I'd appreciate your insight.
0 Replies