Mother in Law chapter II

dupre

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 04:38 pm
Wow, thanks. I can't tell you how much fun it was for me. And how much it reminds me of my glory days!

I know she'll do great with either this or with whatever she chooses.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 08:31 am
Holy cow..

it is sunday morning and the MIL has not had a stumbling drunk day.
I may be counting my chickens before they hatch on this one, but so far, no drama. No anger, no " i hate you' ... nothing.
She is so rail thin that I can always tell when she drinks.
Her skin gets a yellow tint, her hands get beet red and the skin under her eyes darken. Even if she has only had one. I can always physically tell. And I am 1,000 % positive, she has not drank at all this weekend.
This - is- nice.
We had breakfast shakes, all sat at the table like normal people, drank coffee together, and just talked our way into wakefullness this morning.

Im stunned at the peace we have here.
I almost dont even want to move, Im afraid it will shatter.
I have , all morning, complimented on how nice it is to have breakfast at the table. How pretty the morning is, how nice it is to have everyone downstairs to play with Jillian..and I made a big stink over how Jillian made the potty this morning and it was the first time Gramma saw her. I took her to gramma and started squealing " Jillian .. tell gramma!!! YOU PEED IN THE POTTY!!!" .. just acting a mommy fool.. Laughing But I could tell, they were both happy. Jillian loves to hear the words Pee in the Potty. she starts giggling and smiling. Grammas responce was even better. She started doing the same thing i was and Jillian was giggling. :-)
Ian and I are both sort of "over" emphasizing how nice the day is.
Not with overkill.. but noticing and pointing out how much nicer it is to -make breakfast for a full table- how nice it is to watch jillian play with 'everyone' in the morning - etc..

He now has MIL outside and working on the yard to help keep her busy so she doesnt get stagnent. When she gets bored, she drinks. When they are done in the yard, her and I are going to go baby shopping for a little while if she isnt tired.
Time to get Bean some new toys and take in her old toys to the re-sale baby stores.

A nice weekend....
wow.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 08:50 am
cool, let's hope it lasts
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 06:57 am
^^ yup, what dj said.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 04:43 pm
hmmm

it seems to be 2 full weeks of no drinking.
things are definatly vibrating on a diffrent plane.
It is as nice as it could be .
Perfection will be achieved when we move.. but for now this is liveable..

she assumes much though.
she brought home an orphan dog.
Out of the blue yesterday.
>sigh<
ok fine,,, you want a dog.

Heres my problem.
This dog is now MY responsibility..
Know why?
She works all day, and staysout all evening.
So guess who will have to take on dog duty?
the resident mother of a toddler.
This dog isnt leash trained, he yanks and runs away.
I cant handle that. I would have to walk him WITH bean either in her stroller or on her leash..
This is dangerous.
i cant even let him out to **** because there isnt a fence.
so i have to make time to take care of an animal too?
>sigh<
i still feel invisible until SHE wants something.
No asking " melissa.. I have this idea for a dog , but I would have to ask you to blah blah blah.."
Instead..
Knock knock... Im home with a dog.

fkn grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 06:27 pm
shewolf
shewolf, quit yer bitchin, it could be worse. She could be pregnant.

BBB :wink:
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 05:56 am
Shocked

Laughing Laughing

holy hell that would be a sight..
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 06:21 am
Yeah SW-

by average human standards you are living in the lap of luxury.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 08:44 am
Shewolf...take the dog to an animal rescue group, tell them you found it wandering loose, then go home and tell MIL the dog got loose and ran away. Problem solved.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 08:52 am
Eva
Eva wrote:
Shewolf...take the dog to an animal rescue group, tell them you found it wandering loose, then go home and tell MIL the dog got loose and ran away. Problem solved.

Shocked Eva, you are so clever, but still evil. Losing the dog might set MIL to drinking again.

BBB Drunk
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 08:54 am
poor dog though. i hate irresponsible people that take on dogs they can't really take care of. why did she get a dog if she's working and doesn't have conditions (i.e. fenced off big yard) where she could give proper care to it.... grrrrrr. no. GRRRRRR!!!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 09:01 am
It's a punishment for Shewolf, I think. Very passive-aggressive.

Shoot the dog, put the head in bed with her.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 09:06 am
When I was a teenager, some family friends who lived across the country from us sent us a dog. Not just any dog...a champion Doberman. They loved them and thought they were sending us a terrific gift. We hated them, and besides, we had cats. We gave the dog away and told our friends it had been hit by a car.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 10:03 am
Eva
Eva wrote:
When I was a teenager, some family friends who lived across the country from us sent us a dog. Not just any dog...a champion Doberman. They loved them and thought they were sending us a terrific gift. We hated them, and besides, we had cats. We gave the dog away and told our friends it had been hit by a car.

Eva, I'm shocked Shocked I thought christians never fibbed. You rascal, you. :wink:

BBB
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 03:12 pm
String a rope between Point "x" and the back door.

Fix a long chain between the rope and the dog's collar.

Let 'er rip.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 05:49 pm
So, this dog has taken 3 nips at jillian.

Not the dogs fault.
He is scared, in a new home, and here is this human who is HIS size, moving at him faster then he can comprehend.
Her reaction-
No ( dogs strange name here..) !
This isnt good! You cant do that. no. she is a baby.

He nips again.
her reaction- Ok, this isnt going to work.

2 hours later she is screaming at me telling me that , because I wont DO ANYTHING ( Confused ) she cant have a dog.

Err.... ahhh... where did THAT come from?

So I asked her what she was going to do with the dog during the day when she is at work.. At this point in time, she has YET to ask for any help, or even bring up the subject of the new dog that is at her feet.
She says..Do I have to leave him in my room all day? I am happy Why are you not wanting to help?

Again.. where in the hell did THIS come from?

So, she calms down and FINALLY.. after 2 days .. says.. " Tell me how you feel about this "
Holy hell.. It took me a second to compose myself with that.. and i told her -

It would be helpful to have a fence in the yard so he can go outside to play too.
( she interrupts me and says " So you can leave him outside all day?")
Eyeroll- I continue-
You have said that this dog shows no signs of leash training. So that means, in order to take this dog on walks , I have to juggle Bean in her stroller, and a dog who is fighting me. We live in a traffic busy neighborhood. This makes me nervous.
He has snapped at jillian already. What if he does that again? I have to keep them at arms length all day, wich means, I have to seperate them one at a time.. and one will have to be by themselves for a second while I lock up the other. What if, jillian or the dog slide by me, get near each other and he REALLY gets the chance to bite her?
He is a runner.. meaning.. if there is a door open, he will run. So if I am taking him out for a walk, balancing a stroller and a dog, and he bolts.. what am I going to do? The same when we are walking down the street.. What am I going to do?
He needs some training to be able to be a bit better handled on a leash, and he needs time to get used to Jillian. He may need a crate and he needs some running room.

And I stopped there.
Mind you, this dog is SO even tempered and just as friendly and happy as he can be! I have no qualms about him.. except that he wants to bite jillian.

Her answer was-
i want to give him more of a chance. I want to keep him. I need to be happy. He gives me comfort. ( only after 30 hours of knowing the dog Rolling Eyes)

I can not believe that a random dog is still HERE , after trying to bite jillian. 3 xs.

So , Ian jumped on her for that. I dont have the energy at this point. Hepointed out that the dog has already associated Jillian with fear and a need to defend himself from her. That wont be unlearned. And it is selfish, when there are MANY dogs who need homes and have been around kids to pick from.

So she claims, this morning , that she is taking him to the pound because Ian is right.

So.. right now.. she is drunk in her room and that dog has been locked up with her all day.
I mean.. ALL day.. since..probally 12 - 1 . Here, it is right now.. 6:48 pm.
His food and water are down stairs.
He is house broken, so he hasnt had a chance to pee.
My heart breaks for this poor animal locked in a new home with an empty stomach, full bladder, drunk master, and a scary baby.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 06:57 pm
Sometimes life is one damn thing after another.

How are your plans coming for The Great Escape?

As long as you share a house, your lives are going to be intertwined--and this is not comfortable.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 08:00 pm
Ian was in a fit of tears.
he was almost ready to rent some crappy town home to get out.

We have a relator , i am going to meet with them next week.
We have a credit repair company working for us to touch up .. what turned out to be pretty good credit to my surprise. Very Happy In fact, we could have gone with out them, but a touch up could equal a point of interest and when it comes to money, that can be a BIG point.

By next week.. hopefully i wont jinx this..
we will begin house hunting
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 08:03 pm
Ian says - out by january

I say = out by march.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 08:07 pm
Good luck, guys.

I actually see a smidgeon of hope in this whole sad story of the dog. I think she went about it in a spectacularly wrong-headed way, but I think your m-i-l's impulse may have been to find some sort of replacement for you guys. That she knows that when the three of you are out of the house she's going to be lonely, and that it was a gesture towards self-sufficiency.

Just a gesture, though, she's not ready yet (it seems) to follow through with that yet. Hopefully when she has no other choice she'll be able to.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 11:07:07