first european muslim state?

Lash

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 04:47 pm
Lash wrote:
Quote for thought from the above article:

French cynics like the prime minister, Dominique de Villepin, have spent the last two years scoffing at the Bush Doctrine: "Why, everyone knows Islam and democracy are incompatible. If so, that's less a problem for Iraq or Afghanistan than for France and Belgium."

Hope this aids comprehension. Hopefully, you can muster more than a Question
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 04:49 pm
For the dull-witted among us, the thread's title is a question--"First European Muslim state?" Therefore, when Kosmos-SErbia writes: "i think bosnia and herzegovina is the right answer...", he/she is answering the titular question--and answering it correctly, too.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 05:07 pm
For the more assy among us; it is easy to see how one would think the short response was to a post--and that same one may note that few posts are direct answers to the thread title.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 05:10 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Lash wrote:
Quote for thought from the above article:

Why, everyone knows Islam and democracy are incompatible.

Lash, would you expand your comment? I'm interested in your view why you think this doesn't oblige to Turkey, which you favour to enter the EU?

Your comprehension of the post you refer to here was an error.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 07:32 pm
Lash wrote:
For the more assy among us; it is easy to see how one would think the short response was to a post--and that same one may note that few posts are direct answers to the thread title.

In fact, few posts on this thread have anything whatever to do with the thread title.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 09:01 pm
Nevertheless, the response of our Servian friend was immediately obvious to me as a response to the titular question--and i can only assume that those who saw the words Bosnia-Herzegovina and did not understand are to be considered dullwitted . . .
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 12:39 am
much like I can only assume that one who cannot understand that connection did not immediately spring to mind are to be considered assy...

You must be unaware of the legions here you muss with your big, pompous brush.
0 Replies

kosmos-SErbia

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 07:45 am
yes,because it is already a muslim state,from the '95...when Dayton occured.....
The problem is that nobody understands that,if you know what I mean.
The plan to create bosnia and herzegovina occured for the first time in the first world war....when some austrian admiral planned it..so it's all dictated ..
before the civil war in SFRJ serbs were had the biggest percent of inhabitants..
now it's opposite.....it's like kosovo.only TITO carries the guilt for kosovo...
muslims already have a state in europe...
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 07:46 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Lash wrote:
You's have to ask DeVillipin and the liberals who keep making that statement.

DeVillipin, the French government and the French president are conservatives,
The liberals are in opposition.

Good old Sarko, that left wing liberal!

Walter, to some Americans, the word "liberal" just means "foreigner who doesn't agree with the US" irrespective of that foreigner's political position. The word "liberal" has about 6 different proper meanings anyway.
0 Replies

kosmos-SErbia

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 07:52 am
it's critical.will have a dosen muslim states ....that's not so good,,,
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 10:23 am
contrex wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Lash wrote:
You's have to ask DeVillipin and the liberals who keep making that statement.

DeVillipin, the French government and the French president are conservatives,
The liberals are in opposition.

Good old Sarko, that left wing liberal!

Walter, to some Americans, the word "liberal" just means "foreigner who doesn't agree with the US" irrespective of that foreigner's political position. The word "liberal" has about 6 different proper meanings anyway.

If one has political views more liberal than mine, I consider them liberal--as they are liberal compared to my viewpoints-- If someone is more liberal than you are--but considered conservative in their own stomping grounds, you would still consider their views liberal, as juxtaposed with your own. We are all quite well versed in the global flutuations of what is considered liberal and conservative. Why do people continue to act as though they don't know this?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 02:14 pm
Point of information, Kosmos -- Lash is a 'she.'
0 Replies

daniellejean

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 03:28 pm
nice to know...I thought she was a he too. That is the problem with gender-ambiguous screen names people!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 05:34 am
Invincible ignorance is not considered a debility to political discourse and debate by American reactionaries . . . more's the pity . . .
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 05:44 am
Setanta wrote:
Invincible ignorance is not considered a debility to political discourse and debate by American reactionaries . . . more's the pity . . .

Even at this early (American) hour: that wasn't too difficult to state :wink:
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 08:27 am
Best i could have done that early in the day, Boss . . .
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 11:04 am
I received this article in this AM's e-mail. I cannot verify it's authenticity. Hopefully one of the Australians on a2k will see it and comment as to it's veracity.
If indeed it is factual how was it received by the people in general?

Quote:
Finally, a Country with a backbone!!

Get out if you want Sharia law, Australia tells Muslims

CANBERRA: Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks. A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown.

Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state and its laws were made by parliament. "If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you," he said on national television. "I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia, one the Australian law and another the Islamic law, that is false If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country which practises it, perhaps, then, that's a better option," Costello said. Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked move to the other country.

Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should "clear off". "Basically, people who don't want to be Australians, and they don't want to live by Australian values and understand them, well then they can basically clear off," he said. Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spies monitoring the nation's mosques.

GOOD FOR YOU AUSSIES!!!

AMERICANS, BRITONS, CANADIANS...... ARE YOU LISTENING? and
reading?

[comments were included in article recieved]
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 08:45 pm
Stating that a guy, who is a conservative in his country, is liberal to me, is hardly ignorant.

It's accurate.

You consider me a conservative and Pat Buchanan would consider me a lefty.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 05:51 pm
@costa blanca,
Can you give a clear, candid, crisp reply?
Before independance was India a christian country because of the rulers? Or South africa a country with congenial comrades?
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 05:54 pm
@costa blanca,
The best Muslim country( inspite of Hindu barbarism) is India and not Indonesia nor any middle east/ pakisthan bedfellows.

Take this and challenge me if you can.
But before you contradict ask yourself about the number of Muslims in USA who are fed up with this kind of nonsensical barbaric journalism.