been having problems with rainsoft water softner

brock

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 08:39 pm
discovered that timer is not working properly. it ticks like a clock but time does not progress. took timer partially out of housing box and discovered that the moter with the gear that moves all other gears to work the timer does not move. i used a screwdriver to manually move the first gear connecting to the motor gear and it moves while i'm doing so. after i stop moving the gear the motor will slowly move on it's own for less than a minute then stop again. is there anyway to fix the motor or buy a new one? and if so, where?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,565 • Replies: 12
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 08:45 pm
Brock, I recall someone else talking about that softener.

Click here
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 09:46 pm
It is possible your entire timer plate needs to be rebuilt..
brock wrote:
is there anyway to fix the motor or buy a new one? and if so, where?

Your clock motor is worn out.
It can be replaced - is it a 24V system?

If you follow the link gustavratzenhofer posted
you will read about other parts that wear out.

It is possible your entire timer plate needs to be rebuilt...
http://www.athenswater.com/images/refurb2_small.JPG

I can help ~
0 Replies

brock

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 02:14 pm
like i said, i've narrowed it down to the very beginning of the timer, the little motor with the original cog that starts the whole process. is there antwhere that i can buy the little motor and replace it myself. labor wise, it just requires disconnecting 2 wires and unscrewing it from the housing. i just don't know where to get the part.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 11:00 am
brock wrote:
i just don't know where to get the part.

You can get what you need here:
http://www.softenerparts.com/rainsoft_intermatic_timer_motor.htm

I am not affiliated with this company.
0 Replies

brock

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 08:27 pm
Very Happy thank you very much for the reply. i believe that this will cure my problem. the replacement motor is alot cheaper than i thought it would be also. once again, thank you.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 02:49 pm
brock wrote:
Very Happy thank you very much for the reply. i believe that this will cure my problem. the replacement motor is alot cheaper than i thought it would be also. once again, thank you.

Glad to help - please post results when finished Cool
0 Replies

brock

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 07:06 pm
h20-man,i spoke too soon. it is the whole timer mechanism. so if i pull the entire timer out, starting with the motor i spoke of earlier, by pulling out the two wires and taking the whole thing out, where can i get another timer?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 07:24 pm
brock wrote:
h20-man,i spoke too soon. it is the whole timer mechanism. so if i pull the entire timer out, starting with the motor i spoke of earlier, by pulling out the two wires and taking the whole thing out, where can i get another timer?

I must respect the rules of this forum and therefore can not answer your question directly.
If you find an alternative means of contact I will be happy to help you. I also hope this message does not break any rules...

HTH
0 Replies

brock

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 10:07 pm
sorry. i didn't mean to break any forum rules. i just need a parts web site. i would love to be able to give you another means of contacting me, but cannot give that online. so if you are not able to give me an address for which i can buy a timer for rainsoft products, i guess i understand and thank you for all of your help thus far. it was very informative. thank you.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 08:11 am
brock wrote:
i would love to be able to give you another means of contacting me, but cannot give that online.

Try and find another means of contacting me... Smile
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 08:12 am
Good friggin' lord! You guys have been talking for almost a month and still haven't resolved this issue?

Who says the internet is fast?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 01:20 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Good friggin' lord! You guys have been talking for almost a month and still haven't resolved this issue?

Who says the internet is fast?

Laughing I have to play by the rules here... Arrow
0 Replies