Arguments for religion

Intrepid

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 03:03 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
You sure do get hung up in the Old Testament, Frank Laughing

Yep.

It may be a coincidence, Intrepid...but Jesus did also.

So much so...that I sometimes wonder why Christians try to distance themselves from it.

Oh, we don't distance ourselves from it. We just keep it in perspective within the New Testament.

Quote:
On a personal note...my heart goes out to you on your terrible loss, Intrepid. I am not a parent myself, so I guess I truly cannot KNOW what it is like to lose...or fear the loss...of a child or a grandchild. But I can get a sense of it...and I cannot think of ANYTHING that could cause more heartbreak.

Peace to you and your family, worthy adversary.

Thank you Frank. We have peace because we have the grace and blessing of our Father in heaven.

I can tell you that such a loss in beyond words. I truly do not know how a person without faith could endure such a tragedy. To me, the only thing that would close to losing a child that has completed the birth process is to lose a child that has not.

Worthy adversary? You aren't getting senile on us, are you Frank?
Shocked
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 04:13 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
You sure do get hung up in the Old Testament, Frank Laughing

Yep.

It may be a coincidence, Intrepid...but Jesus did also.

So much so...that I sometimes wonder why Christians try to distance themselves from it.

Oh, we don't distance ourselves from it. We just keep it in perspective within the New Testament.

Quote:
On a personal note...my heart goes out to you on your terrible loss, Intrepid. I am not a parent myself, so I guess I truly cannot KNOW what it is like to lose...or fear the loss...of a child or a grandchild. But I can get a sense of it...and I cannot think of ANYTHING that could cause more heartbreak.

Peace to you and your family, worthy adversary.

Thank you Frank. We have peace because we have the grace and blessing of our Father in heaven.

I can tell you that such a loss in beyond words. I truly do not know how a person without faith could endure such a tragedy. To me, the only thing that would close to losing a child that has completed the birth process is to lose a child that has not.

Worthy adversary? You aren't getting senile on us, are you Frank?
Shocked

Well...perhaps I am. But you are a worthy adversary anyway. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 04:16 pm
Frank,

I have been kind of been afraid of saying anything but I have to. I don't know what has gotten into you, but I like it. I am finding your posts so refreshing. I actually look forward to what you have to say. Did I say that? Oh my! I sure did! I am really beginning to see why so many have said you aren't such a bad guy. I like this 'you'.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 04:58 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Frank,

I have been kind of been afraid of saying anything but I have to. I don't know what has gotten into you, but I like it. I am finding your posts so refreshing. I actually look forward to what you have to say. Did I say that? Oh my! I sure did! I am really beginning to see why so many have said you aren't such a bad guy. I like this 'you'.

Thanks for mentioning it, MA.

This "me" is gonna stick around.

You and I...and Intrepid and Life and so many others...will bump heads...and probably bump heads with some force. But no matter how passionate or combative I get...I will keep sufficient reserve to be considered appropriate. Implicator is putting me to the test in another thread...and I am having no problem at all staying cool.

Fact is...I honestly do not get angry.

Mostly, I actually look forward to posts from those with whom I am engaged in heated exchanges. I appreciate what they have to say...and certainly repect their right to say it. And...it gives me the chance to counter...to present the other side of the coin.

And I want to have my say with lots of force...primarily since the other side (your side) has such a formidable advantage, numbers-wise, nationwide.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 05:01 pm
Frank,

I am so glad this 'me' is sticking around. You are a very worthy adversary indeed. You just made my whole day, Frank!
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 05:18 pm
Must be a miracle. Laughing
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 05:21 pm
mesquite wrote:
Must be a miracle. Laughing

Well, you know what Mesquite? It just might be! LOL
0 Replies

Atom

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 06:16 am
Re: It does so...
Frank Apisa wrote:
Atom wrote:
The theory of evolution does provide us with SOME evidence against the existence of god. We can prove that we are related to chimps and therefore we are not some special unique race, as religion sugests we are. The other bits of the theory give us more of these little bits of evidence.

Try to be reasonable, Atom...and don't just jump to conclusions in order to preserve some "belief" you have.

The theory of evolution DOES NOT PROVIDE us with ANY evidence against the existence of god.

We can be related to chimps...and "not be a unique race"...and still there could be a god.

There is absolutely nothing to prevent a GOD from creating a universe and then allowing natural selection...including decent of a superior species from lower ones...to happen.

If you actually meant to say that the theory of evolution provides some evidence against the silly creation fairytale told in the Bible...and by inference against the cartoon god contained in that book...I would agree.

But that is not what you said.

Quote:
The creation theory is bull anyway. How can chinese and black people come from adam and eve?, if it started with just those two, then only one race of people would exist on earth. This ten throws up the questions of incest etc....

Whatever!

Yes, I'm sorry that's what i meant. I know i wasnt clear about that.

Also what do you mean by "whatever!"?
0 Replies