ticketmaster

yitwail

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 07:53 am
Cream tickets went on sale today at 6am, and i've been trying since then to buy one. on the first attempt, it told me tickets were not available, after waiting 10 minutes for the search to end. but being persistent, i tried again, selecting only sections other than 1 to 4. presto, it found a seat. it should have found it before, since i selected all sections, but becase 1 to 4 were sold out, by its logic seats weren't available i guess. so anyway, i check the seat location, and then select a method of delivery, and click, only to be told that the time limit expired, which was news to me since i missed their note about a 2 minute time limit. so i try again, and after another 10 minutes, i get a ticket at around $370. now i'm searching for $170 tickets. if that fails, i may wait until it's being sold to the general public; right now, you can only buy if you have American Express.

well, fourth time was charmed. i got a loge seat. naturally, it's about twice as far from the stage as the seat that timed out. then had 1 minute to remember my ticketmaster password, and then 3 minutes to fill in all the order info: name, address, phone, card number, expiration, 4 digit code on the front of the card. it even gave me a button to click to get $25 cash back. WOW. alas, it's $25 on the next purchase, and they charge you $9 a month.

thank you ticketmaster for an excellent adventure Razz
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,162 • Replies: 4
No top replies

mac11

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 08:01 am
Good god, yitwail! That's ridiculous!
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 08:09 am
mac, couldn't make this up. and their processing fee and shipping is only about $40. btw, i've added a poll. it should have an i don't know choice, but i forgot. Embarrassed
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 08:13 am
You can go back and edit your poll if you want. Just remember to click on the "add option" button for the last one.

I briefly worked for Ticketron back in the 80s. Hated it.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 08:16 am
Their fees are ridiculous. But they've got the market cornered.
0 Replies