Anyone else watching this Shelter from The Storm concert?

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 06:56 pm
It's a big fundraiser for the Katrina victims. They have celebrities manning the phones! Good idea!

The following celebrities are scheduled to take viewer donations on the phones: Ben Affleck, Jason Alexander, Jennifer Aniston, Sean Astin, Angela Bassett, Jack Black, Adrien Brody, Don Cheadle, Michael Chiklis, Ellen DeGeneres, Benecio Del Toro, Danny DeVito, Cameron Diaz, Jennifer Garner, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Randy Jackson, Allison Janney, Christine Lahti, Reba McEntire, Mandy Moore, Jack Nicholson, Jeremy Priven, Emily Procter, Dennis Quaid, Julia Roberts, The Rock, Ray Romano, Doug Savant, Jimmy Smits, Mary Steenburgen, Nia Vardalos, Sela Ward, Bruce Willis, Alfre Woodard, James Woods

Sweet! I'm going to call over and over until I finally get to talk to my sweetiepie, Jennifer Anniston. Sure it'll tie up phone lines that could be otherwise used to help people, but screw it! You can't stop love!!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,854 • Replies: 27
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 06:57 pm
Oops. Have I missed the point again?

Hmmm...naaaaah!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 06:59 pm
Yep, Kicky. Just listened to "Who'll Stop the Rain". Jack Nicholson is sorta low key, isn't he.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 06:59 pm
it's only 6:00pm here not on yet - but they just did advertise it.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 07:02 pm
What channel?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 07:03 pm
Here it's ABC, Soz
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 07:04 pm
CBS
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 07:06 pm
Watched Randy Newman do his tune "Louisiana". I've been playing his CD all week. Upstairs now, have to pay some bills.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 07:07 pm
It's not on til 12 here. WTF? Is that the encore?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 07:08 pm
Where are you bella?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 07:08 pm
Michigan
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 07:09 pm
Destiny's Child in negliges.

OK.

(Kicky, can you explain the Jennifer Aniston thing to me? I've never gotten it. I mean I get Angelina Jolie or Jennifer Lopez or whatever but Jennifer Aniston...?)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 07:10 pm
I am missing Beyonce in a neglige?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 07:10 pm
I found it's also on ABC and a whole bunch of cable channels.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 07:11 pm
All the networks are showing it. ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS and I thought some others. But it isn't on here. WTF?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 07:11 pm
It was on all the networks. You know, there was one weird moment. They had these little minute-long spots where a certain celeb would make a plea for your money. So, when they did Chris Rock's little spot, just when the camera came on him, he said, "George Bush hates midgets." It looked like he didn't realize the camera was on him or something, like he was talking to the camera crew and they came on before he could stop what he was saying. Did anyone see that?

"George Bush hates midgets." I will be haunted by this now. What could he have possibly meant?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 07:12 pm
Ok, now I'm getting pissed. Why is everyone else seeing this but not me???
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 07:13 pm
sozobe wrote:
Destiny's Child in negliges.

OK.

(Kicky, can you explain the Jennifer Aniston thing to me? I've never gotten it. I mean I get Angelina Jolie or Jennifer Lopez or whatever but Jennifer Aniston...?)

She's got that nice girl appeal. I used to hate her, but then I saw her on Letterman once, and I was won over by her down-to-earth charm. She just seems real. Plus, she's just sooo goddammed cute!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 07:14 pm
"Fashion Rocks"? Wha? What's it supposed to be called? Am I watching the wrong one?

I'm laughing about the Chris Rock thing and I don't even know why. I can imagine it was something about network standards or something, like they told him he can't talk about George Bush hating black people (for example), so he did something just to be pissy that wasn't against the rules, strictly speaking.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 07:14 pm
Bella, it's over. It was only on for an hour. I thought it was going to be on longer, but nope. Sorry. You missed out, dudette.
0 Replies