Favorite cameo performances

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 03:13 pm
George Clooney, Dave Foley, Eric Idle, Brent Spiner (Data on Star Trek: The Next Generation), and Minnie Driver all provide voice cameos on South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut. And Mike Judge, who created Beavis and Butthead, supplied the seldom heard/understood voice of Kenny.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 03:33 pm
Before we move into voices, has anyone mentioned the Danny Glover's cameo in "Maverick" with Mel Gibson? It was cheesy, he played a bank robber behind a mask but there was no doubt who it was, of course. Matter of fact, I think he dropped the mask for a second or two.

Also "The Player". Anyone bring that one up yet? That's all that movie was, one big cameo parade, with the celebrities playing themselves in day-to-day Hollywood. It was fun.

Speaking of voices, here's a question that my hubby couldn't answer last night. Why, on South Park, did they use the same voice actor for Saddam Hussein that they use every week for Eric? I really didn't get that at all. I mean, the actor didn't change the voice hardly at all, as if we're supposed to know that it was the same voice and if so, why? Granted, Eric is a little **** but was there supposed to be a tie between him and Saddam that went completely over our heads?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 06:38 pm
eoe wrote:
Speaking of voices, here's a question that my hubby couldn't answer last night. Why, on South Park, did they use the same voice actor for Saddam Hussein that they use every week for Eric? I really didn't get that at all. I mean, the actor didn't change the voice hardly at all, as if we're supposed to know that it was the same voice and if so, why? Granted, Eric is a little **** but was there supposed to be a tie between him and Saddam that went completely over our heads?

Actually, according to IMDb, Trey Parker did the voice of Cartman and Matt Stone did the voice of Saddam (although, in the credits, Saddam Hussein is listed as having been voiced by "himself"), so the same person didn't do both voices. Of course, I'd agree that their altered voices sound pretty similar, but then that's probably true of all cartoon voices that have been "chipmunk-ized."
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 08:35 pm
That's astounding. It sounds like the same voice.
Oh well Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2011 09:34 am
@joefromchicago,
The day before yesterday, I watched The People vs. Larry Flynt. Wikipedia informs me that the real Larry Flynt makes a cameo appearance as one of the judges that the character Larry Flynt insults with his courtroom antics. Nice twist!
joefromchicago

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2011 09:54 am
@Thomas,
Joseph Welch, the lawyer who represented the army in the Army-McCarthy hearings and who famously asked Joe McCarthy "at long last, have you left no sense of decency?" played the judge in Anatomy of a Murder -- and he did a pretty good job.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2023 12:46 pm
@joefromchicago,
A truly dishonorable mention to George Santos:
0 Replies