Favorite cameo performances

devriesj

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 07:55 pm
I think "Back to School" is the one you're thinking of.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 07:56 pm
devriesj wrote:
I think "Back to School" is the one you're thinking of.

Yup, I think that's it. Thanx, dev.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 08:03 pm
No prob-. Glad to help. I'm full of useless information!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 08:26 pm
It was LaVar Burton who played a policeman in "Looking for Mr. Goodbar" but it was more of a minor role than a cameo although he had starred in "Roots" that same year!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 08:57 pm
Whoa! LaVar Burton?!

Richard Gere played Diane Keaton's dangerous boyfriend in "Goodbar". The one we were set up to believe was her killer but who turned out not to be. Right?

Levar Burton??!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 11:48 pm
I am not completely clear on the movie, not having seen it for a while. Tom Berenger, I believe -- but that could be considered a spoiler. So this is from vague memory which means I will likely enjoy seeing the film again in the next few years. Perhaps it will show up on the hi-def channels.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 12:02 am
Do you remember ANYTHING about the movie, 'wizard?

Could you be talking about "Born On the Fourth of July"? He actually got an Oscar for that one, or is it an older film? More recent?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 07:21 am
Yes I do remember enough about the movie to know it is "Mr. Goodbar," but it would be a spoiler so I'm reluctant to give anything away in case someone wants to watch it for the first time or revisit the film.

No, I wasn't talking (?) about "Born on the Fourth of July" and I've liked several of Berenger's performances including "Someone to Watch Over Me," but he wasn't in "Born on the Fourth of July." Tom Cruise was and didn't win the Oscar.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 08:23 am
oops. I didn't even think about it, maybe spoiling 'Goodbar" for someone who had never seen it. Should I delete?
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 02:43 pm
Oops, my bad! I thought Tom Berenger won an Oscar for his cameo. Don't know what I was thinkin'! Maybe he was nominated... Anyway, Is it "Goodbar" then?
0 Replies

English-Rose

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 06:51 am
Hmm.. I think Will Ferrel in the Wedding Crashers was damn good
0 Replies

John Drury

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 12:53 pm
Its an awful awful movie

But the best cameo apperance ever is Bob Saget in Half Baked
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 12:15 pm
Just remembered Betty Boop did a cameo in Who framed Roger Rabbit?
And Peter Jackson had a cameo as a pirate in LOTR3
0 Replies

John Drury

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 03:10 pm
Capote
The Director of Photography makes a cameo as the photographer from the New Yorker.
0 Replies

John Drury

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 03:13 pm
Re: Capote
John Drury wrote:
The Director of Photography makes a cameo as the photographer from the New Yorker.

In Capote..great new movie
0 Replies

KetchupLady

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 09:27 am
Um, not really a cameo, but I loved Matt Damon's turn in Euro Trip as the lead singer for the band singing Scotty Doesn't Know. Just so ridiculous!
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 10:11 am
Just wanted to say welcome to the newbies! - dev
0 Replies

livingthedream

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 10:13 am
Lance Armstrong in Dodgeball...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 10:16 am
One of the best examples here is Peter Jackson as one of the mercinary pirates in ROTK. Not many spotted him.
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 09:30 am
Lightwizard wrote:
One of the best examples here is Peter Jackson as one of the mercinary pirates in ROTK. Not many spotted him.

Embarrassed I did! (jumping up and down)

Another director cameo; this one I read about before I saw the film, I wouldn't have known otherwise, for I had no idea what Gaspar Noe looked like. He has a cameo as "masturbating man" in his shocking film "Irreversible" (2002).
0 Replies