Help with a Title

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 09:48 pm
I am driving myself berserk trying to remember a film title.

It came out within the last three years, probably in 2001.

It was set in Rome.

A young woman medical student from an African country comes to Rome and does household help in trade for a small room in the grand palazzo apartment of a piano composer. They have an unusual and wonderful romance, but her husband is back in the African country jailed during a local rebellion....

much music goes on in the film, his classical work and her favorite popular music..

There is a great scene with a grand piano being hoisted out of a window...
near the Spanish Steps.

Can't remember actors or director. Really liked the movie. Not of course a big hit. How can I even look this up? I have tried google with movie + piano + Rome + 2001, etc. Much interesting stuff, but no luck about this movie.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,511 • Replies: 5
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 09:56 pm
Ok, I just found it, "Besieged". Here's one link: http://www.hollywood.com/movies/detail/movie/179946
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 10:00 pm
Bertolucci, geez, I should have remembered that. And it was 1999. Didn't come here until 2000, I think. Might have been set in a villa set outside of Rome, but I recognized the street the piano was coming out of a window on....hah! Or I think I did, which is just as much fun.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 11:37 am
So, osso, anytime you need us to help you out again, just give us a shout, ok? Laughing
0 Replies

chaucer

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 08:42 am
Help With the Title
I believe the film you're searching for is Beseiged, directed by Bernardo Betolucci. That film, which was released in 1998, starred Thandie Newton, David Thewlis and Claudio Santamaria. It's about an African immigrant who works fcr a reclusive English pianist. The film is available on both video and dvd. Hope this helps.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 08:43 am
Hi chaucer - welcome to A2K!
0 Replies