Funniest Film/s ever

Skwerl X

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 06:08 am
Monthy Python and the Holy Grail.

"Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?"
0 Replies

dancingnancy

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2005 05:09 pm
Airplane is up there - as is Fletch and Fletch Lives.

More recently, there's Old School, Wedding Crashers, Happy Gilmore and Tommy Boy.

Wow do I want to go watch Airplane now.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 02:34 pm
Falling on the floor and/or loosing your mouth full of wine funny: "What's Up Doc?"

Satirically funny: "Dr. Strangelove"

Parody supreme, great lines: "Young Frankenstein"
("Put the candle back... or "Ah, sweet mystery of life..", or "You take the broad, I'll take the one in the turban".)

Tongue-in-cheek outrageous: "Ruthless People"

Plot intelligently put together funny: "Trading Places"

Best drag and lines: "Some Like It Hot"

Madcap lampoon: "Airplane!"

Romantic serio-comedy: "L'Atalante."
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2005 11:19 am
The first Pink Panther movie although Peter Sellars could do no wrong for me whatever he was in.

The line in Dr. Strangelove "you cant fight in here this is the war room" is typical of Sellars, he was a one off.

Several of Laurel and Hardy particularly "Towed in the Hole" where they are doing up a boat was one of the classics of comedy of all time.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2005 11:30 am
"Best in Show" was hilarious.
"Spaceballs" a parody of Starwars, is funny too.
"Rosalie goes shopping" a parody of the american creditcard society.
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2005 06:47 pm
I thought Snatch was really funny - although I know people who don't see it that way. Growing up in the area it was set in helped. When US customs ask the American guy at the end if he has anything to declare and he says, "Yeah, don't go to England." I want to clap, its so perfect.

Shawn of the Dead made me laugh too.

I think I find depressing reality hilarious !
0 Replies

thiefoflight

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2005 07:15 pm
One of the funniest Foreign films I've seen is
La Chevre (1981) It stars Gerard Depardieo
and Pierre Richard. They made a crappy American
version with Martin Short, the name of which escapes me.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 05:18 am
I'm heading over to Netflix now to change my queue list around. Sounds like I need to add a few from here I haven't seen.

The whole series of impromptu's from "The Dogshow" crew is funny. (Waiting for Guffman, Spinal Tap) Wouldn't you love to throw a party and invite THEM?
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 06:25 am
The Life of Brian. Segments of it have entered the language (well in the UK and Oz anyway).
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 06:43 am
Eurotrip made me almost cry from laughing when I first saw it.. Super Troopers Also...

All the national lampoon's seem to make me laugh (almost all)...

Office Space is a funny movie also

I don't think I have ever seen Airplane, but the way everyone talks about it I might as well see it...

Oh yea and I can't forget Kung Pow: Enter the fist..... I could watch that movie over and over again.. "my nipples look like milk duds" :-)
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 07:03 pm
I love "Princess Bride" and the "Shrek" movies just crack me up!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 07:33 pm
Kung Fu Hussle was pretty damned funny.
0 Replies

maxpower hd

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 07:58 am
My Blue Heaven
There are a lot of funny movies. Office Space is up there at the top of the list. There is another that I haven't seen mentioned yet, My Blue Heaven with Steve Martin. "What's the difference between a pregnant lady and a light bulb? You can unscrew a light bulb."
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 08:26 am
What about "All of Me" with Steve Martin & Lily Thomlin?
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 06:23 pm
Anything with Leslie Nielson! The Naked Gun films are hilarious.
Airplane is a classic, love that sort of humour.
Oh and Wrongfully Accused, I found this film particularly amusing... mainly because my Aunt wondered into the room halfway through and nearly brought the house down laughing at it. My family and I were all giggling politely, but my Aunt didn't hold back. At the end of it I was laughing and crying so much it hurt, and it was at her not the film. Hmm maybe she should make a movie, she really is comedy genius.. just by being herself.
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 09:51 am
Star Wreck, must see!
For all Star Trek fans and Star Trek haters I warmly recommend the flick Star Wreck, In the Pirkinning. It is a truly hilarious parody of Star Trek and another well-known sci-fi franchise. I do not often endorse Finnish film, but this one is worth watching, and the beauty of it is that you can download it for free from the Internet (fast connection required, because it is a full-length feature!): http://www-us.starwreck.com/

Star Wreck is a series of fan film parodies made by five friends from a two room apartment in Turku, Finland. This film is the seventh in the series (the first being a four-minute animation, live acting was introduced in no. 5) and it is the first feature lenght film. It took seven years to make, 5 years of which were spent on doing the special effects and bluescreen backgrounds. The effort paid off, because the SFX are no worse than in many Hollywood flicks. The humour oscillates between black humour and slap stick, with lots of in-jokes in between. It had me laughing more than all the so-called comedies from Hollywood that I have seen this year put together (and remember that I do not even speak Finnish, so many of the word jokes pass me by and are impossible to translate in subtitles).

In other words, if you have some time to spare, download it and enjoy!
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 07:52 am
Thanks for this, Paaskynen.

By the way, thanks for putting me onto the Korean film Taegukgi (ages ago on another thread).
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 04:42 am
I recently sat through the horrendous mauling of Ursula Leguinn's masterpiece (The Earthsea trilogy) by the Sci Fi channel (seen on DVD). This is a prime example of a big production that has way worse SFX than the above mentioned fan film spoof "Star Wreck, in the Pirkinning".
0 Replies

Rippawallet

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 01:47 pm
Jim Carrey is a very funney man Smile
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 08:35 pm
Welcome, Rippawallet. I agree with you! Robin Williams is a 'scream' as well!
0 Replies