Funniest Film/s ever

Intense

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 08:04 am
So, which movie/s do you think is the funniest ever? "Ruthless People" and "Liar Liar" first come to mind!! Danny DeVito and Bette Midler starred in "Ruthless People" and Jim Carrey starred in "Liar Liar", btw.

I loved it when Bette's character imitated how the girl kidnapper was going to suffer in those three executions (electric chair, gas room and guns), lol.

In "Liar Liar", I loved most of Jim Carrey's performances from this movie. "Here she comes to wreck the DAAAAYYYYY!!" was my favourite. The way how he was making faces was hysteric, too... especially when he was making faces with Dana.

Laughing Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,587 • Replies: 49
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 08:06 am
Young Frankenstein- I have seem it so many times, but the first time that I saw it, I thought that I would never make it to the rest room! Laughing
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 08:13 am
Another fan of Young Frankenstein. Also, Airplane took me by surprise when I saw it, as I didn't know it was supposed to be a comedy. It was just a freebie shown as a pre-launch after Urban Cowboy. (Yes, I paid to see Urban Cowboy)

The first ten minutes of Airplane I just sat there stunned, thinking it was another disaster movie but there's all these off the wall lines.

Those are the first two that come to mind, but that may be because I was young at the time and didn't have the "sophisticated" sense of humor I have today. (haha) After 17 years with Bear, It takes more and more to make me laugh. I've learned to anticipate the punch lines.
0 Replies

thiefoflight

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 08:32 am
A Shot in The Dark, the first Pink panther movie still makes me laugh and I've seen it at least 10 times through the years!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 11:23 am
Sleeper w/ Woody Allen
Bad Santa w/ Billie Bob Thornton
0 Replies

Intense

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 05:19 pm
Also, I forgot to put "Meet the Parents" and "Meet the Fockers". It was so hilarious how Robert's character said Greg's surname, "Focker", in front of him, lol. He made it sound like the f-word. Laughing

Oh, "Meet the Fockers" was super-hilarious as well. I laughed my butt off, lol.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 05:32 pm
Young Frankenstein and Airplane are high on my list. But my all time favorite is The Producers.
0 Replies

thiefoflight

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 06:33 pm
I hear the film version of the musical The Producers is going to be good.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 06:42 pm
My only knowledge of The Producers is from Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm).

Now, HE's FUNNY!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 08:16 pm
"Friday" with Ice Cube and introducing Chris Tucker. We were watching on video and had to stop the tape more than once to catch our breath. Chris Tucker was amazing.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 08:20 pm
Schlinder's List was hilarious.
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:21 pm
Laughing <sprays coffee all over keyboard> Laughing
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:26 pm
Well, The Dorm That Dripped Blood was hillarious if only for it's over usage of clearly fake blood.
As far has comedies, I still love Blazing Saddles and High Anxiety. I can and do watch these again and again and never tire of them.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:34 pm
Oh god, where do I start? I love any Leslie Neilson movie. Airplane! is a classic. (my boss used the drinking problem line the other day...) I do think that Wedding Crashers is now on my fav list.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:46 pm
The BAnk Dick (WC Fields)
Get SHorty
The Hot Rocks
The Russians Are Coming
Shakes the Clown
Night SHift
Anything with Leslie Nielsen as Lt Drebbin.
Men IN Black I

There are more but these roll off my mind first
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:52 pm
i think old school and office space did me in. old school just killed me...ear muffs!!!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:56 pm
Oh Office Space! How could I forget that!!

Milton - "And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire... "

Laughing
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 03:12 pm
thiefoflight wrote:
I hear the film version of the musical The Producers is going to be good.

You mean as funny as the version already made?
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 03:29 pm
'Hercules Returns' is the funniest Movie I have ever seen! Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 03:34 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Oh Office Space! How could I forget that!!

Milton - "And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire... "

Laughing

noga, noga, not gonna work here any more...

it seems you've been missing a lot of work recently....well, i wouldn't say i've been missing it, bob.

yeah, i'm gonna need you to come in this weekend.
0 Replies