Napster-baiting

vvlad

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2024 04:58 am
Not that they knew this at the time it was being filmed, as practically every scene from the movie makes clear. Indeed, rather than look like they were about to return as triumphant conquerors, for most of its 160 minutes Some Kind of Monster portrays Metallica as being hopelessly at sea. Beginning, literally, with their equipment being loaded into the Presidio, and ending over two and a half years later with the band’s first tour since Jason Newsted’s departure, via the Napster-baiting debacle, the arrival of Dr Towle, James’ sudden retreat into painstakingly lengthy rehab, the appointment of a new bassist, and many other things neither Berlinger or Sinofsky could possibly have predicted, we get a real sense of how close Metallica was to imploding throughout the months and eventually years the album and movie were being made

What does Napster-baiting mean here? Context- Earlier in the book it is sad that Metllica sued Napster.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 535 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Mame

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2024 08:33 am
@vvlad,
Did you Google it? It sounds like a significant event. Is this your homework we're helping you with?
vvlad

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2024 12:42 pm
@Mame,
No, I am reading a book for my development.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2024 12:44 pm
@vvlad,
You seem to have problems with very simple words and phrases that a quick google dictionary definition would solve.

Mame

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2024 01:14 pm
@izzythepush,
Agree. vvlad should come here when the dictionary doesn't really help.
0 Replies