Summer 2024 and You?

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2024 10:11 am
What is everyone looking forward to for this Summer season of 2024? Movies? Books? TV? Concerts? Beach season? School vacation? An upcoming Civil War?

Alternatively: You crazy people Downunder? What's your most anticipated ... winter event?

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2024 12:19 pm
I'm anticipating a long hot summer - weatherwise and otherwise.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2024 12:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I'm anticipating a long hot summer - weatherwise and otherwise.

So? 10000% humidity and super dangerous statewide power-grid crippling heatwaves? Oof. Wink
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2024 12:41 pm
@tsarstepan,
I expect another record number of 100+ degree days, plus customary drought. East Texas is like that, unless we get a hurricane, then it gets worse. But as some cowboy used to sing it, "I reckon I'm a Texan 'til I die."
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2024 01:04 pm
@tsarstepan,
Moving house.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2024 02:58 pm
Some promising movies are coming out:
Inside Out 2
Mars Express
Hit Man (Netflix)
Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga
Deadpool & Wolverine

And I'll definitely give this a rewatch:
When Marnie Was There - 10th Anniversary re-release
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2024 03:24 pm
Curious about Mars Express.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Wed 1 May, 2024 05:17 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Alternatively: You crazy people Downunder? What's your most anticipated ... winter event?

The end of it.

And then hopefully a proper summer like we used to have. The last summery summer we had was 2019/20, the ones since then have had below average temperatures and ridiculous amounts of rain and extensive flooding.

I just want a real summer.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Wed 1 May, 2024 06:05 am
@tsarstepan,
Right now I'm really looking forward to the cast being removed from my foot and getting fitted for an orthopedic boot – and when that's over I'll start thinking about summer.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 1 May, 2024 09:34 am
Weather in so. Fl is quite summery and the dreaded humidity is starting to come regularly. 82-85, mildly windy, very sunny and no rain to speak of. However, where we also live in mid hudson valley, it’s not very springlike. At all…low -60’s daytime and 45 at night. Rainy and windy. It snowed last week after the crocuses started blooming. Not good.

Looking forward to heading northward. Were flying with a furry child in her carrier. When we get there we then leave in a week or so on vacation to Namibia to tour and do a safari long with family who meets us there. Due to political unrest,we eliminated a leg of the trip to the Egyptian Nile. Some day we’ll get there.

When we get back, I’ll resume my croquet playing in the western Mass Berkshire hills , near Tanglewood. I’m getting to be a competitive player as I play down in so FL, as well.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 1 May, 2024 02:16 pm
@tsarstepan,
1. The one movie that I am most eager to see in 2024 is the new Planet of the Apes movie.

2. The tv series I am most eager to see in 2024 is Star Trek: Discovery (season 5).
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 1 May, 2024 02:17 pm
@tsarstepan,
1. The theater movie that I am most eager to see in the summer of 2024 is the new Planet of the Apes movie.

2. The tv series I am most eager to see in the summer of 2024 is Star Trek: Discovery (season 5).
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 1 May, 2024 02:27 pm
@Real Music,

we're already halfway thru watching Discovery... excellent as always...
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 1 May, 2024 06:46 pm
I plan to be gardening and hanging with the furry creatures. I just rehomed a 4 yr old male Corgi named Bailey who's an absolute darling, so we'll be doing a lot of walkies and dog parks. So glad to have a dog again!
Ragman

Reply Wed 1 May, 2024 08:40 pm
@Mame,
Congrats and happy to hear of it! May you all have many years of joy.
Mame

Reply Thu 2 May, 2024 03:38 pm
@Ragman,
Thank you, Ragman Smile I'm very happy.
0 Replies