3
   

Intelligent Design Theory Solution

 
 
Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 03:20 pm
Let's talk fair and balanced. Schools will be required to teach it or lose their funding and present it respectfully.

Churches will be required to teach evolution in Sunday school and present it respectfully or lose their tax exempt status.

I just want to see who blinks first.

Place your bets.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 13,949 • Replies: 286
No top replies

 
Bi-Polar Bear
 
  1  
Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 03:39 pm
I edited the post... now it makes sense and says what I wanted it to....
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 03:42 pm
Sure...

...and we can take it a step further.

Schools must teach that there may be a God involved in the fact of existence...

...and churches must teach that there may be no gods...

...or lose their tax exempt status.
0 Replies
 
thunder runner32
 
  1  
Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 07:56 am
How about schools present everything that is indeed fact, show how each theory came about, and let the children go on with their lives, eventually choosing their own path? That makes sense to me at least.

If there is evidence for evolution or creation, let it be shown...
If there is mere speculation for either, take it out...

Very simple... Smile
0 Replies
 
baddog1
 
  1  
Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 03:08 pm
blueveinedthrobber and Frank: I agree with all said.

Quote:
How about schools present everything that is indeed fact, show how each theory came about, and let the children go on with their lives, eventually choosing their own path? That makes sense to me at least.


thunder: It makes sense to me as well. I worry however about different schools/teachers opinions concerning; what is "fact". What are your thoughts?

BD1
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 03:15 pm
baddog1 wrote:
blueveinedthrobber and Frank: I agree with all said.

Quote:
How about schools present everything that is indeed fact, show how each theory came about, and let the children go on with their lives, eventually choosing their own path? That makes sense to me at least.


thunder: It makes sense to me as well. I worry however about different schools/teachers opinions concerning; what is "fact". What are your thoughts?

BD1


"Fact" are very, very hard to come by, Dog. Good point.

Before he died, physicist Richard Feynman was interviewed and mentioned: "It is very, very hard to KNOW anything." He then went on and talked for a long while about facts and knowledge....and the elusiveness of both.
0 Replies
 
JAMESDG
 
  1  
Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 03:35 pm
I would be willing to bet that the gov will outlaw all other religions and force one united religion on everyone so then they will be able to control what the religion will teach.
0 Replies
 
rosborne979
 
  1  
Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 05:33 pm
Re: Intelligent Design Theory Solution
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Let's talk fair and balanced. Schools will be required to teach it or lose their funding and present it respectfully.

Churches will be required to teach evolution in Sunday school and present it respectfully or lose their tax exempt status.


Why stop with Intelligent Design, why not include Voodoo and Alchemy. Both of them have an equal status as ID.

The only theory which is unique among ID, Voodoo, Evolution and Alchemy is Evolution, because only it meets the requirements of Science.

How about we stick to teaching science in science classes and let our kids learn something with a demonstrated history of true value in the world.
0 Replies
 
patiodog
 
  1  
Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 07:09 pm
Alchemy became chemistry, which turned out to be pretty handy.
0 Replies
 
rosborne979
 
  1  
Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 09:59 pm
patiodog wrote:
Alchemy became chemistry, which turned out to be pretty handy.


Sorry, I didn't mean to insult alchemy and voodoo by placing them into the same category as ID. My fault.
0 Replies
 
thunder runner32
 
  1  
Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2005 08:02 am
This is why there is a problem, most people don't take the time to realize what is factual. Evolution is not derived by some factual evidence, it is a theory that has grown into some sort of twisted "truth." Look in a biology text book, they constantly push evolution to be fact, they also claim all sorts of evidence for evolution. The fact is, there is none! There is a creation science group that is offering $250,000 for anyone who can come forward with any evidence of evolution.

I'm sorry, but evolution is just another religion.
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2005 08:49 am
Well...our students are already very low in rankings among the nations of the world...and it seems we are headed even lower.
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2005 09:37 am
thunder_runner32 wrote:
I'm sorry, but evolution is just another religion.


You are pretty damned sorry if you seriously believe that a theory is a religion. But your self-delusion is well-known around here.
0 Replies
 
mesquite
 
  1  
Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2005 12:34 pm
It appears that thunder_runner's knowledge/delusion ratio has not improved during the absence.
0 Replies
 
Pauligirl
 
  1  
Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2005 08:38 pm
thunder_runner32 wrote:
This is why there is a problem, most people don't take the time to realize what is factual. Evolution is not derived by some factual evidence, it is a theory that has grown into some sort of twisted "truth." Look in a biology text book, they constantly push evolution to be fact, they also claim all sorts of evidence for evolution. The fact is, there is none! There is a creation science group that is offering $250,000 for anyone who can come forward with any evidence of evolution.

I'm sorry, but evolution is just another religion.


Would that be Hovind's bogus challange?
P
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2005 08:56 pm
Good lookin' out, Pauligirl . . . i've just spent an hilarious hour reading up on Mr. Hovind, including his petition to file for bankruptcy, which was denied on the basis of him having shown bad faith in failure to arrange a payment schedule to the IRS for back taxes which he had previously attempted to evade by claiming he is a man of god doing god's work, and not therefore subject to taxation.

So, where would he come up with $250,000?
0 Replies
 
Pauligirl
 
  1  
Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2005 09:34 pm
Setanta wrote:
Good lookin' out, Pauligirl . . . i've just spent an hilarious hour reading up on Mr. Hovind, including his petition to file for bankruptcy, which was denied on the basis of him having shown bad faith in failure to arrange a payment schedule to the IRS for back taxes which he had previously attempted to evade by claiming he is a man of god doing god's work, and not therefore subject to taxation.

So, where would he come up with $250,000?


That's the beauty of it all. He won't have to pay a thing. According to the rules, it seems that Hovind gets to be the judge and pick the committee that reviews the evidence submitted. Gee, who do you think is going to win?
More information on the challenge here:
http://home.austarnet.com.au/stear/kent_hovind's_bogus_challenge.htm
http://www.geocities.com/kenthovind/250K/challenge.htm


And it appears he doesn't pay taxes

In a sworn statement to obtain a search warrant, IRS agent Scott Schneider said none of Hovind's enterprises has a business license or tax-exempt status as a nonprofit entity. "Since 1997, Hovind has engaged in financial transactions indicating sources of income and has made deposits to bank accounts well in excess of $1 million per year during some of these years, which would require the filing of federal income taxes," Schneider said.

And, and Hovind's credentials are phony. His "doctorate" comes from Patriot University, a well-known diploma mill run from a private residence. Hovind wriggles around this ignominious fact by claiming that he attended Patriot at a different location from its current dwelling, but that doesn't change the fact that PU always sold bogus degrees for cash.

From infidels.org

P
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2005 10:03 pm
"P.U." -- how a propos . . .
0 Replies
 
Milfmaster9
 
  1  
Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 05:59 am
O god, Americans seem to be getting caught up in alot of shite. ID is false.. Whats so depressing than us to be a creation of this earth than the creation of God. American science will suffer immeasureably by this ID theory and at the end of the day who started evolution??? Who started the Big Bang?? Well it's either god or an omniscent ostrich called James.
0 Replies
 
thunder runner32
 
  1  
Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 10:09 am
o.k, someone present one piece of credible evidence for evolution....just one.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

700 Inconsistencies in the Bible - Discussion by onevoice
Why do we deliberately fool ourselves? - Discussion by coincidence
Spirituality - Question by Miller
Oneness vs. Trinity - Discussion by Arella Mae
give you chills - Discussion by Bartikus
Evidence for Evolution! - Discussion by Bartikus
Evidence of God! - Discussion by Bartikus
One World Order?! - Discussion by Bartikus
God loves us all....!? - Discussion by Bartikus
The Preambles to Our States - Discussion by Charli
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Intelligent Design Theory Solution
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/31/2021 at 01:53:42