Best Pizza Thread 2: The Wrath of Khan (or some more clever pizza pun)!

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2024 03:39 pm
I'm disappointed that the earlier a2k thread debating the merits of who in serves the best pizza on the planet closed in October 2023. I blame Obama! #s

So, I will rectify this criminal negligence.

WHO SERVES THE BEST PIZZA ON THE PLANET?
Does one city have a monopoly for the title for the best singular region for the best pizza?

What is your favorite pizza toppings? Prefer white sauce or red sauce? Preferred choice of crust thickness: Deep dish, thin crust, extra thin crust, other?

Which restaurant creates the best pizza? Serves the best slice? Gourmet or cheap eats style pizza? To blot the grease off a the pizza or not blot the grease of the pizza? Fold the pizza slice onto itself or use fork and knife?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 664 • Replies: 7
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2024 07:42 am
@tsarstepan,
Pizza wasn't really available over until the 1980s.

When I was a kid I remember watching Scooby Doo and wondering what it was Shaggy was eating.

My mum wasn't any use either she just told me it was American and that was the end of the matter.

When I was 15 Homepride brought out a "Make your own pizza" kit.

This was bread mix and tomato sauce with suggestions on topping.

It was awful, and not only that I was then incredibly ill for two weeks. It wasn't the "pizza," but I was put off all toasted cheese for years.

I didn't have an actual pizza until I was in my 20s.
Mame

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2024 10:55 am
@izzythepush,
I delivered pizzas (and other foods) during University for a family-run business. I got to study when there were no deliveries so it suited me to a T. All workers got a free pizza every night as extra compensation. I can't tell you how many years it was before I could look a pizza in the eye. To this day it's my least favourite food, even though I know they can be delicious.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2024 11:20 am
Sometimes I make my own pizza and put whatever I want on it. I buy the pizza dough, most of it was garbage then I saw this one in a store for only .99 cents, I said what the heck if it’s crap I’ll throw it out. It was the best pizza dough I’ve found, can’t remember the brand name right off hand but I haven’t seen it for a while now.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2024 11:34 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
WHO SERVES THE BEST PIZZA ON THE PLANET?
i do... Cool

https://i.postimg.cc/Qt1GgDB5/20240302-122738.jpg

store-bought cheese crust, to which i add --

tomato sauce
grape tomatoes
fresh spinach
broccoli (sometimes)
peppers
mushrooms
diced onion
greek olives
artichoke hearts
turkey bacon or turkey sausage

Arrow 50 minutes in a 350° oven

that's dinner, every other saturday... can't remember the last time we had a pizza delivered...
hightor

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2024 12:06 pm
@Region Philbis,
That looks delicious, Region!
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2024 12:09 pm
@tsarstepan,
Pompeii fresco depicts what might be the precursor of pizza

Tastes a bit burned
0 Replies

tsarstepan