Summing Up and Forging On

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2024 04:17 pm
A stray cat named Frank took up residence on my porch. He looks Tuxedo except for his black chest. I've been feeding him for a few months. He makes a really strange sound when he speaks. Almost a screech from a violin that is weak and high pitched. He has always been docile and accepted his food. Never allowed himself to be touched and I respect his boundary. But today when I handed him the dish he leaped up and put a hole in my palm with a single claw. Took a while but I figured out that it was because I smelled like the dog, having just fed and petted him. Lesson learned.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2024 11:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

A stray cat named Frank took up residence on my porch. He looks Tuxedo except for his black chest. I've been feeding him for a few months. He makes a really strange sound when he speaks. Almost a screech from a violin that is weak and high pitched. He has always been docile and accepted his food. Never allowed himself to be touched and I respect his boundary. But today when I handed him the dish he leaped up and put a hole in my palm with a single claw. Took a while but I figured out that it was because I smelled like the dog,
having just fed and petted him. Lesson learned.

I let the hole bleed, which it profusely did, and cleaned it rather hastily. Less than an hour later, I noted a black circle on my palm. The clawed hole was building a pool of corruption in there. I took some drops of DMSO and drops of activated chlorine dioxide, mixed them and used a q-tip to keep the mixture over the black spot. It didn't take long for the black to vanish. After a few minutes of this treatment the sore spot was indistinguishable from the rest of my palm and is not at all sore.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2024 06:17 am
Many friends and family are buying my book. Imagine their shock when they discover themes favoring immigration, anti war, right to protest, calling R Reagan a basturd, a gay major character, and so on. I wonder if any will retaliate or if they will simply hide away or destroy it. Inquiring minds, as they say.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2024 09:04 pm
'Properly, we should read for power. Man reading should be man intensely alive. The book should be a ball of light in one's hand.'
– Ezra Pound
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2024 03:30 pm
The price of groceries skyrocketed these past few years; my car insurance jumped higher; there is an uptick in the number of homeless. If I sold my home and rented the money from the sale would be gone to rent in a decade or less. The red hot economy is for the well off, not the poor suckers like me.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2024 06:41 pm
This sounds amazing

screamschildrenremoved
@PDiddie

Am reading now. It is
=======================================================

Posts regarding my new book.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2024 06:04 pm
REview on Barnes and Noble: "C.M. Turner's first published work, this collection of short stories, speaks to us Boomers suffering in a world gone haywire from technology, bipolar politics, and relationships tied and twisted by the stresses of living in troubled times. I enjoyed it immensely and think you will, too."
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2024 06:23 am
Jesus Christ. Biden in MAGA attire complete with hat.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Sep, 2024 05:56 am
The book they don't want you to read. Denny the Wizard takes you where the skeletons hide. Gregor the hamster size cockroach has a greater IQ than the best of us. The guillotine can't silence the select group of heads. Bombs nuclear fall. EndEarthers got it all.
0 Replies