Summing Up and Forging On

BillW

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2024 10:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
Me too!
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2024 10:06 pm
@BillW,
On Facebook twenty minutes ago a stranger disagreed with me when I said Topol was the best pick to star in Fiddler. I agreed that he had a right to that opinion. Next thing I know he is telling me he doesn't need me to tell him that and becomes argumentive. I don't think I belong in social media.
BillW

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2024 10:12 pm
@edgarblythe,
I know what you mean! The only Social Media I really do is here. And, here I do very little opinion related political posts.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2024 10:18 pm
@BillW,
I've collapsed the political threads and the religious discussions. I prefer to get my books written than to fight everybody.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2024 08:38 am
I couldn't determine if my book rates as "dystopian" or "speculative." After asking the question on Quora I've determined it to be "speculative."

Grammarly is too damned intrusive. It wants to tell me how to rewrite my second sentence. I am open to occasional such suggestions where I'm a bit confused. Not for trivialities.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 5 May, 2024 09:12 pm
I finished the formatting today (even removed an extra space between two words). Also the synopsis, all but for The Census Taker, the shortest one of all. It is a few pages long but it incorporates mention of many themes. I'm finding it hard to write about it without giving it all away.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 9 May, 2024 08:55 am
Online is a dangerous place to be. I just now searched "speculative fiction agents." A site that provided what they called Seventeen Top Agents for Speculative fiction," or some similar crap seemed legitimate to me. One agent that might have been promising had a link to her guidelines. When I clicked on it I was blocked from entering and warned it was a dangerous url.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 May, 2024 01:02 pm
Instead of starting something new I've dusted off Mexican Red. Doing another edit.
0 Replies