Mame

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2024 03:57 pm
@Mame,
Here's a great site, bobsal

https://mateo.kitchen/recipes/shaping
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2024 04:14 pm
@Mame,
As they say in Italy, "Eeeey, pasta fajoul, thatsa the guy who-a wrote-a the book."
Mame

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2024 04:35 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Yes, and good recipes on there.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2024 11:57 am
I bought this 3-Piece Pasta Roller & Cutter Set by KitchenAid, it got good reviews but I haven't had the time to try it out yet. Been a little busy lately, thanks for all the tips, mine for some reason didn't come with a cookbook so I'll check out the one Mame recommended. Cool
Mame

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2024 10:09 am
@jcboy,
Whenever you're cooking with flour, it's an estimate due to the humidity, etc. Basically it's flour and eggs - you salt the water not the pasta. 3 cups flour, 4 large eggs (or 4 c flour, 5 eggs - depends on how much you want to make).

You won't wear your arm out with your Kitchen Aid attachment Smile Most chefs recommend rolling it through the largest opening (0 or 1) 4 or 5 times, folding it between rolls, then doing 1 or 2 passes through the others down to the lowest number, making sure you lightly flour the pasta between rolls - you don't want it sticking! And don't wash the pasta maker - just brush the flour off. And using bread or pasta flour is preferable to AP or semolina flour - more pliable and gets thinner. Do you have somewhere to hang your pasta? Better figure that out first. Sometimes I use the racks in the oven to hang it on.

Good luck!
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2024 10:12 am
@Mame,
I made the ravioli and it was super easy and delicious. Taking the rest to Vancouver with me on Thursday for my sister and g/f. It's a sausage, spinach and homemade ricotta recipe.
0 Replies