Anyone use an instant pot?

jcboy

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2024 10:20 am
Anyone use one? Quite a few people I know swear by them over a crockpot. I’ve read you can cook a roast and potatoes in an hour in the Instant Pot. I’m going out today and pick one up and give it a try. I’ll look up instant pot recipes later.

View best answer, chosen by jcboy
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2024 12:46 pm
@jcboy,
I was gifted an instant pot a few years back and re-gifted it right away.
Somehow it didn't look useful to me. I love my airfryer and I use it a lot.
Mame

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2024 01:14 pm
@CalamityJane,
Our Instant Pot is a game-changer - seems to do everything in no time at all. We love it.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2024 01:16 pm
I just bought one and then went to the market and bought a nice roast so I'll try it out for the first time tonight. Cool
Mame

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2024 01:25 pm
@jcboy,
Go, jc! I think you're going to like it - it's so versatile.
jcboy

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2024 01:30 pm
@Mame,
I'm going to give it a try, but like Jane said I do like the air fryer too. I need to google some air fryer recipes, most of the time I use it for wings and fries, buy fresh chick wings and use my handy dandy french maker and slice whole potatoes, of course that's always one of the kids favorite meals.
Mame

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2024 01:40 pm
@jcboy,
Yeah, my girlfriend uses hers every day. Lots of Instant Pot recipe books in the library!
0 Replies

Ragman
  Selected Answer

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2024 04:11 pm
I have one and use it in a limited fashion. For an example, I’ve used it to make chicken with wine. I also used it to brown meat or sauté onions first as it has a browning feature. Furthermore, I’ve made the best-ever multiple hard-boiled eggs .If wasn’t for being located near Costco and buying the hot bbq chicken, we’d use it for making more chicken recipes. It came with a useful recipe book.
jcboy

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2024 10:00 am
@Ragman,
I used the browning feature and seared the roast first, then cooked it with the potatoes and carrots, it came out nice, juicy and tender.
Ragman

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2024 10:01 am
@jcboy,
Excellent!
0 Replies