Disgust

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 03:19 am
...do you feel it?

I do. Every time I hear someone trying to justify their twisted notions with misunderstood religious babbling.

No matter wich religion you are a follower of one thing is true: God's verdict on us all is equal.

So in dealings between humans there is no one who has god more on their side than any other.

I am angry at the ignorant people who are waging war because their hearts are puny and their bravery is but mist. There are never any other reasons to go to war.

"We gather stones and shoulder our rights
And shed blood in hopes of bloodfeud's mending
Cowards flee from fear by fighting frights
Their bravery but unchecked fear's pretending"

Ahhh.... felt good to get that off my chest.. Twisted Evil
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,801 • Replies: 68
No top replies

spendius

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 03:56 am
That cyr is extremely naive.

War seems to be as much a part of human nature as territory marking.

I hope you don't think that a few lines of pretty poetry,if it is poetry,which I doubt,is going to alter that.

ANY emotional attachment you feel towards your home town,a sports team say,or your country is part of war.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 02:33 am
I don't know where to start spendius. I am well aware of the characteristics of human nature. Still, to accept it is also cowardice. Humanity has to be overcome, much like nietczhe said.

And my poetry, wich it is, isn't going to alter that. But it still felt good to get it off my chest.

A saying applies to you. It's even so famous I don't need to include all of it. "There is only one thing worse than evil itself...."

Spendius, it applies to you.

Nice to see you again by the way.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 02:44 am
Interesting Cyr.

The "twisted notions" don't just apply to Christians either.

I read something today that shocked me. Buddhist monks declaring that "it is meritous to kill the communists". How often do you hear of Buddhists waging war?! not that often!

seems anyone can use religion, any religion (or lack of: people use science too), to further their vested interests.

take care
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 05:06 am
Cyracuz gushed-

Quote:
A saying applies to you. It's even so famous I don't need to include all of it. "There is only one thing worse than evil itself...."

Spendius, it applies to you.

Gee Cyr,and I thought you were a bloke.Only ladies think that such remarks have any meaning

In fact the designation of other people as "evil" is an energised motor for war.Which way up are you?
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 05:29 am
flushd wrote:
Interesting Cyr.

The "twisted notions" don't just apply to Christians either.

I believe that Cyr already pointed that out:

Quote:
No matter wich religion you are a follower of...

I consider war as population control. Same with epidemics of disease and illness, and natural disasters. Of course they cause pain to us because we have the ability to feel, but step out of a human mindset and consider the Earth as a whole, and you'll see how these tragedies benefit our planet. Cyr said that Humanity has to be overcome, and I agree. But I find it contradicting that Cyr says this yet doesn't agree with the necessity of war. It's evil, but in the long-term scheme of things it doesn't matter if your son or father or husband has died fighting, because once you have left this earth then the effects of such a loss leave with you. The earth, however, still reaps the benefits/consequences of our actions and events that occur; these things I mentioned above being critical to our planet's health.

That, in my opinion, is overcoming humanity. You have to let go of the "me-me-me".
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 06:31 am
Smack on the button Sancti.

Some people seem to think they can just put some sweet words in a certain order and everything is going to come up smelling of roses.Particularly themselves despite driving around like maniacs and plugging all their kit into the grid society made for them to play with.It's pitiful.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 03:42 pm
Are y'all saying that war is necessary? Natural?

Just want to know if I am understanding correctly.
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 03:46 pm
flushd wrote:
Are y'all saying that war is necessary? Natural?

Just want to know if I am understanding correctly.

Yep.

People find it so hard to believe that humans are animals. I never have understood why.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 04:57 pm
Obviously.You don't need to have seen a photo of Einsteins cat to know that.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 01:07 am
No need to get snarky, spendius Razz

Even if war is necessary, it still is disguisting.

BTW, have Set or Spendius actually fought in a war?
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 01:08 am
pardon me...I meant Sanctuary and Spendius.

sorry about that.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 01:46 am
Sanctuary,
I tend to agreed with your statement. Humans, by nature, focus on themselves.

I am reminded of the story of the family living in the middle east who requested permission to dig a deeper basement. Alas, they found the remains of another foundation. The government then assigned its archeologists' to continue the dig. Something like seven different home sites were uncovered.

Seven different foundations and artifacts, perhaps as many as seven cities exposed.

I sometimes wonder whether America has sown the seeds of its own demise. We live the life of steady consumption. As though, we have a right to endless use of Earth's body, the me-me-me the driving force.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 05:48 am
The neccesity of war... Bollocks. We do have a neccessity for turbulence, for conflict. That is how we grow. But it is possible for conflicts to be non-violent and still fulfill the "neccesary" requirements.

Well, not if you are spendius, with such a limited vocabulary and puny self control. Twisted Evil

But for the rest of us, it takes only a little thought to identify the true enemy, the fear of whateever is lurking in the bushes. I'd go to war to stop Hitler. He was on a campaign of madness and destruction, nothing more. But to stop global terrorism? Anyone with half an eye can see that this "dance" requires two sides. USA's policy not to negotiate with terrorists, for instance, is a manifest of cowardice. They're saying- "we will not face our fears. We will just strike down anyone who try to confront us with them."

The word in europe is that USA is the biggest threat to world peace. It's the politicians' new favorite phrase.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 06:47 am
I'm happy to be insulted by the writer of that rubbish.

It's about time we found out who is on which side?

It is odd how all these luvvies think an asserted insult is a debating point.And aren't they sensitive?

The stuff about Hitler is just hindsight and an attempt to score points without doing anything.That guy would have been in the appeasement party in 1933-9.
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 03:43 pm
flushd wrote:
pardon me...I meant Sanctuary and Spendius.

sorry about that.

No, I wouldn't. I wouldn't fight for a war unless I agreed with the causes, either.

However, and this is my point, if for some reason I had to take someone's life, it will not matter once you, he, and myself are gone from this earth.

Maple,

I agree whole-heartedly. To quote one of the most interesting reads I've had, Straw Dogs, not-so-word-for-word, "The earth is suffering from a disease: a plague of humans."

I've mentioned it before, and I'll mention it again: VHEMT
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 09:08 pm
Cyracus,
"The word in europe is that USA is the biggest threat to world peace. It's the politicians' new favorite phrase."

I would listen to such an argument. Whether it's true or not, many have advanced the notion that our attack on Iraq was A tremendous recruiting tool for the Terrorist? Perhaps we revived what was losing some steam???

Sanctuary,

"The earth is suffering from a disease: a plague of humans."

Yes, this stirs my emotions.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 04:11 pm
When Cryacuz mentions Nietzsche's hope that mankind will be able to overcome himself, he was referring to a kind of "evolution" of personal enlightenment. The Overman or Ubermensch (and uberwench, of course), is one who, among other things, does not blindly follow ego-maniacal kings, corporate lackey presidents or communist dictators into war. While we are undeniably "animals", we are the only animals who fight "wars." There are always instinctively driven struggles for territorial niches, but in the case of non-human animals the gains and threats are real. In our case, I agree with Cyracuz that the war against Hitler was the only one in my life-time that seems at all justified. The others have been struggles for profits (and not profits shared by those doing the fighting and dying) or ideological insanity. Nationalism is one of the major preconditions for war and it is a uniquely human phenomenon.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 04:15 pm
JLN, You sure about naitonalism being only a human trait?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 04:17 pm
Yeah, how else?
0 Replies