Bertolt Brecht

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 03:46 am
Im doing a School drama assessment on Historic theater forms. I am doing Epic theater and Bertolt Brecht. I need a short excerpt of 3-5 minutes from a play by Brecht for 2 people. If someone can help me with which play to do and which bit to perform that would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 941 • Replies: 7
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 10:23 am
Why not "Mother Courage and her children"?
Very appropriate in the times of war....

This might help you

http://www.gradesaver.com/ClassicNotes/Titles/mothercourage/
0 Replies

Paradox CT

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 09:10 pm
Perhaps, butr it needs a segment of 3-5 minutes as a dualogue. Ill have a look into that one though.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 09:37 pm
The Brecht plays I'm most familiar with are Threepenny Opera and Happy End. I don't recall any two-person scenes in either of those that are three+ minutes long. Can you use multiple scenes or does it have to be one segment?
0 Replies

Paradox CT

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 09:45 pm
One long scene im assuming. But they might let us do multiple scenes if we cant find anything better. Also it wouldnt mind if one of us had to change characters halfway through the performance.
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 10:21 am
There's a duologue at the end of... oh hell what's it called??

Someone help me here: newly weds, having a dinner party just after they get married. Her parents, his best friend and wife....

Anyway at the end the married couple have this brilliant fight Smile
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 10:41 am
I relly can't recall what play it could be you ask for, but as far as I remember, "Herr Puntila and His Man Matti" could do some good for your work.
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:25 am
Gosh, if there's anyway to do the drum-beat scene in Mother Courage, that would be awesome!
0 Replies