Welcome to the New Members!

jespah

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 12:52 pm
:-D
0 Replies

jillamanda

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 06:46 pm
G'day....
Very Happy G'day, my name's Jill.....another Aussie (we're curious people). I'm looking forward to meeting everyone here, from what I've seen, it looks like fun. We seem to pop up everywhere on the net, we Aussies. My theory is that the "tyrrany of distance" makes us do it. We're so far away from everywhere, we've just embraced the net with all we have...... Smile and we love it.....
I'm goping to start ploughing my way through it all now, hope to run into everyone along the way, thanks for having me.....
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 08:26 pm
Hey Jill from Big D - Dallas, Texas. Lots of Aussies on this site.

Welcome to A2k
0 Replies

jillamanda

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 10:16 pm
Very Happy Thank you.....
0 Replies

cbg

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 03:46 pm
hello, and a question
hi, all.

i typed into google "etymology" and "process" and found a previous discussion here that included the etymonline guy (i think that's how it was spelled). his site is listed on google, but it won't download, for some reason. your forum looked wonderful, though, so thought i'd join and check in frequently while writing my dissertation.

i do have a question: does anyone know the etymology of "process"? i'd really like a source i can cite, preferably printed. a credible online source would be okay, too.

any help is most appreciated!

cbg
0 Replies

Eastree

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 03:49 pm
Well, WELCOME!

Sorry, though, right now I don't know where to pointyou -- but someone here is bound to!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 03:50 pm
Welcome,

Merriam-Webster says:

Quote:
Etymology: Middle English proces, from Middle French, from Latin processus, from procedere
Date: 14th century
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 04:29 pm
Word works - are you who I hope you are?

And welcome, all!
0 Replies

Heywood

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 10:36 pm
Whats up all,

I'm just hoping to find a place to hear good debate and get different perspectives from people who have a mind on issues and are willing to discuss it.

Unfortunately, many people that I know either don't know what is going on other than in their lives and care very little to learn otherwise.

Its a pleasure to meet you all. Very Happy
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 10:38 pm
Welcome to A2K, Heywood. You'll find lots of folks here who love to discuss what's on their minds!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 10:50 pm
Welcome, Heywood. Be prepared to be attacked from all sides. The people on this site are vicious. Oh sure, you might find someone to engage in spirited discourse, but on the whole they're a bunch of cutthroats. Exercise extreme caution.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 10:53 pm
Hello heywood, you'll also find some of us don't have a mind!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 10:55 pm
Pssst, Heywood.... there's one of them now.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 11:02 pm
Be wary heywood, of the antichrist dressed in popes clothing...hehe
0 Replies

nsa

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 06:49 pm
Hi, y'all
I caught a reference to this site through a google search, found various topics of interst so decided to sign on. I'll lurk for a while to see what's up.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 07:46 pm
nsa- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy Why simply lurk? Come on and jump right it. The water's fine!
0 Replies

Miss RedHead

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 04:33 pm
Well Here I Am!!! Twisted Evil ...At Last!

I'm a little bit tired ,from work, to introduce myself properly,.....I've already put some matches in both my eyes, drunk 10 cups of COFFEE Drunk , but thàt didn't work neither!!!

So I think,probably tomorrow, I will make a New Topic somewhere with te tiltle "The Full Introduction of.....", cause so far I saw it's just Welcomming messages of new members NICE Smile but I want to know a bit of ALL OF YOU GUYS (and dolls) OUT THERE!!!!!

If there's a similair Topic like the one I would like to make (except for this one) then I'm truelly SORRY Embarrassed

So for now It's Sweet Dreams ARE MADE OF THESE! and I look forward to meet you all!!
-x- from Miss RedHead
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 06:30 pm
Hello all ..... found your forum totally by accident. I was following the yellow brick road ...... got off to get my kicks on Route 66 ..... saw a sign reading Hotel California ...... and here I find myself.

Y'all have some very interesting topics and WAY too many Forums to be read in one or two sittings ...... I hope to get to know all of y'all soon.

From Orlando FL

Fedral
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 06:33 pm
Miss Redhead and Fedral- Welcome, Welcome!
Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 06:41 pm
wow - so many newcomers! how marvellous.

welcome to everyone - and see you around the boards. Very Happy
0 Replies