Welcome to the New Members!

Kashmir

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 02:25 pm
Hi everyone! Im new here. Im a student and Im majoring in philosophy (this is my 1st year) and I just joined the forum, because it looked fun!
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 02:59 pm
It is, stay around awhile - welcome on this thread also Wink
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 04:36 pm
Hey Kashmir - I also majored in Philosophy (graduated wayyy back when - in '83). But Plato's still Plato. :-D
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 05:00 pm
Hey, sweet, how could good manners be 'inappropriate'? Welcome to everyone I've missed. No, Ceili, Abuzz is not a dirty word around here. In fact, there used to be a thread somewhere her on the gratitude many of us feel to the original Abuzz.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 07:50 pm
Hi, Kashmir, glad to see you! I didn't major in philosophy but lived in LA for years, and a bunch of my heart is there.

Hi, Ceili, glad to see you here, welcome...
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 08:00 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
Hey, sweet, how could good manners be 'inappropriate'?

Merry, Merry, quite contrary, but, seriously, I just don't want to seem presumptuous since I'm so new here myself. BTW, we are still all out to get you, dear!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 08:49 pm
I shiver in my shoes.
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 09:33 pm
You shiver in your shoes? With all due respect, a lot of people @ A2K have told me that's not the only place you shiver :wink: !

See, new people, this is really a fun place - we're not always so serious as it might appear Very Happy .
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 06:04 am
Happened to be wearing only my shoes when I posted that.
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 06:17 am
oooooooooh Embarrassed ; now, I'm shivering Twisted Evil ...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 06:30 am
Ah, yer a bad man, so, EB . . .
0 Replies

xena362436

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 08:08 am
Hello everyone
I came across this site by accident but it seemed so interesting I decided to join...

Nice to meet you all Smile
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 08:08 am
Welcome Xena . . . please keep your hands inside the vehicle at all times, please do not feed the wild life . . .
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 09:08 am
Welcome, Xena, hope you like it here! I believe they are having a Texas A2K gathering in Austin in October . . . check that topic or PM Mac 11 for correct info . . . you might enjoy going? Anyway, good to have you here.
0 Replies

Syd Swan

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 10:24 am
Topic: English etymology
This is my second "try" - I am probably ham-fisted, because I managed to delete the first message.
Yes, and from my clipboard!
My query on English etymology is:
At the start of your Index there are abbreviations. There is no abbreviation for Icelandic under I.

For lack of real knowledge, I do not know whether Icelandic had/has an influence on English. I am aware that it is the west North Germanic language and is derived from Old Norse.
Also that "It is a form of Norwegian" should not be uttered in the presence of an Icelander.

Comment: your site (especially the "languages" pages)is for me, 'manna from heaven' or 'ein gefundenes Fressen' and I shall surely have cause to return.

Regards,

Syd Swan (Suffolk)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 10:38 am
Cheers Syd . . . have you ever read Laxdaela Saga?
0 Replies

j7286

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 10:54 am
Hello, I have just registered as a new member, and was instructed to introduce myself. I found this forum while doing a search for "The Forsyte Saga," and am hoping to be able to discuss the show on the TV forum.

-Jill-
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 10:59 am
Jill, if you will click on the "Forums" radio button up at the top of the page, right-center, you will be taken to the forum index (i'm sure you already know this), then simply select the "Arts & Entertainment" section, select "TV," and look for the "newtopic" radio button on the left-top of the index list on that page . . . then type in your subject, and step out of the doorway . . .
0 Replies

blubomber

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 03:13 pm
Greetings all. I was recommended to this site by a good friend. There is alot of good stuff here and i am looking foreward to some good discussions.

Have a good day all!!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 03:15 pm
Welcome, blubomber, and enjoy!
0 Replies