Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 07:56 pm
just hatched?

what is that?!!

I'm not a chick...
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 08:06 pm
yah huh.....

look...2 posts...you're sooooooo keeeyooot!
0 Replies

rambrat

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 08:11 pm
onyxelle wrote:
yah huh.....

look...2 posts...you're sooooooo keeeyooot!

my mom thinks so...

I think...

well one would assume
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 08:16 pm
rambrat wrote:
thank you thank you...

where's the AV's?!!!

no AV!!

wot's an AV?
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 08:19 pm
0 Replies

rambrat

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 08:20 pm
see that cat picture in the upper left...

that's an Av...or Avatar

it's hip talk for us kewl people...
0 Replies

rambrat

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 08:21 pm
what does onyxelle mean?
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 08:23 pm
you know what it means.

and you're not kewl. I am though...
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 08:46 pm
well - I've never, ever been considered cool! Don't suppose it's going to happen in a hurry!

You select or upload your avatar on the profile page.
0 Replies

rambrat

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 06:51 pm
welcome me!
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 08:43 pm
Welcome, indeed.
0 Replies

MZathras

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 08:44 am
New Neighbor
I have just discovered your Forum and have requested presents in your audience. I hope to be able to help and make friends. I have been working in electronics since filament tubes were around. I bought and built the Imsi 8080 kit when it first came out ( and it worked the first time it was fired up). I also worked for Digital Equipment Corp. for 20 years. I hope to be able to contribute. I consider my self a time mechanic, hence the name Zathras. Which was taken from the TV show "Babalon 5".
0 Replies

buckeyegirl7

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 07:49 am
hola!
Hi, everyone! I was reading thru here and i noticed a few things on LD debate... so i thought i would join so i could respond to some of the ding-dongs in this place! lol....
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 08:09 am
Welcome buckeyegirl17 and MZathras.

Hope you have fun on A2K.

Oh, and MZathras....there's no need to buy anyone a present.

Well.....if you insist!
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 08:13 am
Re: hola!
buckeyegirl7 wrote:
Hi, everyone! I was reading thru here and i noticed a few things on LD debate... so i thought i would join so i could respond to some of the ding-dongs in this place! lol....

Ding Dongs? You sound positively British!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 08:55 am
Re: New Neighbor
MZathras wrote:
I have just discovered your Forum and have requested presents in your audience. I hope to be able to help and make friends. I have been working in electronics since filament tubes were around. I bought and built the Imsi 8080 kit when it first came out ( and it worked the first time it was fired up). I also worked for Digital Equipment Corp. for 20 years. I hope to be able to contribute. I consider my self a time mechanic, hence the name Zathras. Which was taken from the TV show "Babalon 5".

One of the first PCs I tinkered around with on a regular basis was a Digital Rainbow. I had access to one with a "massive" 10 Meg Winchester disk, but the one I regularly used had no hard drive.

Welcome.
0 Replies

MZathras

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 09:48 am
Ticomaya wrote:
MZathras wrote:

One of the first PCs I tinkered around with on a regular basis was a Digital Rainbow. I had access to one with a "massive" 10 Meg Winchester disk, but the one I regularly used had no hard drive.

Welcome.

I feel like I have to apologize to you for that machine. Wasn't CP/m great. It's too bad they did not have the foresight to make the Vax hardware and VMS OS cheap. It still runs better than anything from Apple or Bill. But they were great years for me. By the way do you need a hard drive for the Rainbow I believe that used and RD52 and I might have one.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 09:59 am
I'm no electronic's whiz, but some buddies and I built a hi-fi system I purchased back in the late fifties while in the US Air Force, and it worked the first time we plugged it in! Problem is, I'm now half deaf from the loud music playing.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 10:00 am
MZathras wrote:
I feel like I have to apologize to you for that machine. Wasn't CP/m great. It's too bad they did not have the foresight to make the Vax hardware and VMS OS cheap. It still runs better than anything from Apple or Bill. But they were great years for me. By the way do you need a hard drive for the Rainbow I believe that used and RD52 and I might have one.

No apologies necessary. Hell, it got me through college. I remember loading CP/M 86-80 for one program, then having to load MS-DOS for another program. I thought it was wonderful at the time. Certainly better than a typewriter.

Thanks anyway, but the Rainbow found its way to a trash heap a long time ago. :wink:
0 Replies

MZathras

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 11:24 am
Ticomaya wrote:
MZathras wrote:

No apologies necessary. Hell, it got me through college. I remember loading CP/M 86-80 for one program, then having to load MS-DOS for another program. I thought it was wonderful at the time. Certainly better than a typewriter.

Thanks anyway, but the Rainbow found its way to a trash heap a long time ago. :wink:

I have a PDP11/23 with 8 inch floppies and three 10MB RL02's running RT11 ver 3b. I also have a picture of Bill Gates working with the same type of system while he was at Cambridge Univ.

It is amazing how similar that DOS is to MSDOS.
0 Replies