Most Important Question Ever!

izzythepush

Mon 13 Nov, 2023 09:11 am
@bobsal u1553115,
He was a war artist. His Gormenghast books are what he is most known for.

It's about a huge castle in a mythical realm run by byzantine tradition and rules.

The lord has to perform certain functions every day and there is someone whose job it is to tell him what to do every day.

As you read them your mental image of Gormenghast changes. It just gets bigger and bigger and you constantly have to reevaluate it.

The first two books, Gormenghast and Titus Groan were adapted to a TV series by the BBC. It wasn't very popular, and I think it's only been shown once.

The last book Titus Alone deals with the character once he leaves the castle. I must admit I never finished it, Peake went insane when writing it and it sort of loses the plot half way through.

They are a good read, but don't expect a Lord of the Rings type adventure because it's nothing like it.
izzythepush

Mon 13 Nov, 2023 10:03 am
@bobsal u1553115,
The adaptation of Mr Pye was much better received. It starred Derek Jacobi (I Claudius.)

It's about a man who is so good he starts growing wings like an angel.

He's not happy about this so he starts doing bad things and the wings go away.

But then he starts growing horns.

I have a collection of his nonsence verse which has some great lines.

There was a dwarf from Battersea whose limbs were white with leprosy.

He gave a most disgusting croak at which the sleeping maid awoke.

The second is my favourite. And I'm missed huge chunks out in between and after.

Btw, if you do read it a tanner is six pence in old money, two and a half pence post decimal.

It's worth sod all now, but when Peake wrote it you could get a beer and a fish and chip supper easy.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Mon 13 Nov, 2023 10:40 am
@Jasper10,
What's wrong with it is that you keep trying to jam it on down peoples' throat. You commandeer other's threads. That's not philosophy, that's vandalism and dishonesty.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Mon 13 Nov, 2023 10:46 am
@izzythepush,
From what I've surfed out, it's much more Terry Gilliam's Brazil than anything at all Tolkien.
izzythepush

Mon 13 Nov, 2023 11:18 am
@bobsal u1553115,
It is more like that, got a real 18/19th century feel.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 14 Nov, 2023 11:16 pm
@Jasper10,
https://imgur.com/TXqbRmW.jpeg
Jasper10

Wed 15 Nov, 2023 12:58 am
@bobsal u1553115,
No Bobsul, How it works is,

You select a philosophy and apply that philosophy to a science that explains the psychological.

You can guess that a=b and b=a.
You can guess that a=a and b=b

You can be certain that a and b = a and b.

Apply this philosophy to science and it explains the psychological.

bobsal u1553115

Wed 15 Nov, 2023 06:53 am
@Jasper10,
Jazbo10:

It seems you have some trouble with getting past a and b.

All anyone knows is based on assumptions. You've set your terms and have never defined them. All anyone knows is what they assume.

And yet everyone knows you're bonkers.

Excrapulating (spelled right): if: a=b and b=a and if a=a and b=b then a=z, z=b, a=r, r=b, b=m ... ad nauseam.

And this is howler: "Apply this philosophy to science and it explains the psychological." How about: Apply this philosophy to science and it explains the wart on Aunt Matilda's chin?

If a=b then the wart on Aunt Matilda's chin=the latest sales flyer from Harbor Freight.

Please.
Jasper10

Wed 15 Nov, 2023 12:04 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I don’t assume anything Bobsal.

My philosophy and science are totally sound.I don’t do guess when it comes to the psychological.I adopt a philosophical certainty.

I’m not in the business of definitively proving anything.

You cannot apply x=y and y=x (which comes from the foundation philosophical guess that good is bad and bad is good) to science because the 2 equal but opposite electromagnetic forces in nature do not cancel out.

All you can do is vibratory balance these 2 forces by adopting the philosophical certainty formula x/y=x/y

Light is a particle and a symmetrical wave that can only be explained by balanced and symmetrical forces.

Modern day science’s forces are unsymmetrical because they are founded on a philosophical guess.It is therefore unable to explain why light is a particle and a symmetrical wave.

This topic will get blocked as well by some frustrated atheists I’m sure.

Modern day science is a religious belief system and we know what belief system it is.

The statue of Shiva is outside the CERN facility just outside Geneva.

bobsal u1553115

Wed 15 Nov, 2023 12:48 pm
@Jasper10,
Quote:
The statue of Shiva is outside the CERN facility just outside Geneva.

You definitely have a misunderstanding the significance of Shiva at CERN and what Oppenheimer meant when he said, "Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds." It's from the Bhagavad Gita, Shiva is the destroyer.

But Oppenheimer, seemingly, was never able to achieve this peace. “In some sort of crude sense which no vulgarity, no humor, no overstatements can quite extinguish,” he said, two years after the Trinity explosion, “the physicists have known sin; and this is a knowledge which they cannot lose.”

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/manhattan-project-robert-oppenheimer

“He doesn’t seem to believe that the soul is eternal, whereas Arjuna does,” says Thompson. “The fourth argument in the Gita is really that death is an illusion, that we’re not born and we don’t die. That’s the philosophy, really. That there’s only one consciousness and that the whole of creation is a wonderful play.” Oppenheimer, perhaps, never believed that the people killed in Hiroshima and Nagasaki would not suffer. While he carried out his work dutifully, he could never accept that this could liberate him from the cycle of life and death. In stark contrast, Arjuna realizes his error and decides to join the battle.

The rest of that mishimas is ... well ... mishimas.

BTW, Shiva at CERN was a gift from India.

https://publicdelivery.org › shiva-statue-cern
Why is there a statue of Shiva the Destroyer at CERN? Your questions ...
Aug 24, 2023The Shiva statue was indeed a gift from India to memorialize the country's longstanding relationship with CERN, which emerged in the 1960s and persists to this day. Lord Shiva conducted the Nataraj dance, which symbolizes Shakti, or life force, in the Hindu religion.

So which Shiva is a and which is b????

Jasper10

Wed 15 Nov, 2023 01:00 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
a and b are two equal but opposite electromagnetic forces in nature that cannot be cancelled out as falsely claimed by modern day science Bobsal.

Try and find a scientist anywhere in the world who can explain to you how they are cancelled out.

You won’t find one.

izzythepush

Wed 15 Nov, 2023 02:17 pm
@Jasper10,

Try and find a scientist anywhere in the world who will give you the time of day.

You won’t find one.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Wed 15 Nov, 2023 02:23 pm
@Jasper10,
One of the most important question ever.

How are the 2 equal but opposite electromagnetic forces in nature cancelled out?

..and there isn’t a scientist anywhere in the world that can answer it,instead,they prefer to GUESS that they do.

LOL!!!!! …that ain’t science.That’s a religious belief system.

bobsal u1553115

Wed 15 Nov, 2023 02:48 pm
@Jasper10,
Quote:
How are the 2 equal but opposite electromagnetic forces in nature cancelled out?

Bullshit. They attract each other. Give me an example of this "cancelling".
Jasper10

Wed 15 Nov, 2023 02:55 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
They don’t cancel out Bobsal.

Modern day science’s claim is that they do.

These forces repel each other as well.

They only tell you what they want you to hear.

They have a religious belief system to maintain.
izzythepush

Wed 15 Nov, 2023 04:38 pm
@Jasper10,
You disagree with mainstream science because you're wrong.

You're so wrong you're delusional.

Monomaniacal nonsense, nobody accepts this, nobody.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Wed 15 Nov, 2023 10:40 pm
@Jasper10,
If you don’t believe me then ask a mainstream scientists for yourself, why they claim that the two equal but opposite electromagnetic forces in nature cancel out.They wont be able to tell you because they have only guessed that they do.

That ain’t science.That’s a belief system.

bobsal u1553115

Wed 15 Nov, 2023 11:18 pm
@Jasper10,
There you go again, cancel. You still haven't shown an example of this canceling.

Opposite electrical forces do not cancel, they attract.

Where did you learn about this alternate Physics?

Jasper10

Thu 16 Nov, 2023 01:27 am
@bobsal u1553115,
The two equal but opposite electromagnetic forces in nature don’t cancel out Bobsal.

Opposite electrical force interactions between 2 objects don’t cancel,they attract.
The same electrical force interactions between 2 objects don’t cancel, they repel.

If you take two bar magnets then you can do the experiment to confirm it.

I’m not the one claiming that they cancel.Modern day science is claiming that with its belief system guess.

I don’t give scientist the time of day if they make claims that they can’t substantiate.

I don’t do guess when it comes to the psychological.

I only do certainty.

Jasper10

Thu 16 Nov, 2023 01:52 am
@Jasper10,
There are many who are not AWARE of what modern day science is claiming because they are totally UNAWARE.

All I am saying is why can’t we have a science that makes use of both these equal but opposite electromagnetic forces which don’t cancel out.

Well we can and we do make use of them because that is how it is all set up.

All sciences are interconnected.
0 Replies