Time for the world to save America

Lash

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 06:47 pm
The terrorists are in charge of the mass murder, not the US.

We're in charge of making elections and freedom from tyranny possible.

However, your solutions:

"My solution at this point would be to ask for international assistance. We should integrate other forces into the Iraqi police force until they are properly trained and a fully professional organization in their own right."

I would ask for international assistance with rebuilding the infrastructure. People with power and water do not cause the same problems.

-------------
sounds great. Notably, because this is what Bush has done. And, you are so right. People with water and power (AND DEMOCRACY) don't cause these problems--> but, I would point out the ones causing the problems aren't your run of the mill Iraqis. They are terrorists--motivated by high-paying Saudis or some other perverted Islamic poobahs that don't want to lose their death grip on the downtrodden, who we threaten to free and educate.

But. What can I say? Good plan.

Made me smile.

Smile
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 09:35 pm
That's why we hear about all of the other international peacekeeping troops, eh? Sure Lash.

Frankly, this thing is FUBAR. Mainly because of the bad choices of the folks in charge. "Stay the course" is not a strategy. And the true definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over while expecting a different outcome.

But continue your Pollyanna ways. There's nothing wrong here; the massive numbers of dead Iraqi's are just the eggs that have to be broken to make an omlette.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 09:50 pm
We asked for international cooperation, Drew. A few times. They have refused so far. The UN gave it a go, but got blown up and left.

There is a vast gulf between "There is nothing wrong" and "there are alot of serious challenges, but we won't cut and run before the work is completed". Many critical things in history have been necessary and very costly.

Cheap demonization of someone with a different opinion doesn't make your argument any more plausible.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 10:46 pm
Just as platitudes and ostrich imitations do not make Iraq into a paradise.

And Bush made his bed with the international community. Now he's being made to lie in it. (And lie, and lie, and lie....)

Meanwhile, he's destroying the US military. Great job there, Mr. Pres.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 12:08 am
Lash wrote:
The terrorists are in charge of the mass murder, not the US.

The numbers don't support that statement.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 07:24 am
DrewDad wrote:
Please show where I said Iraq was a paradise. Again, as I JUST said, there is a difference between "nothing being wrong" and "plenty of serious challenges that are worth the end result". It happens in every war and during every birth of a nation. Nothing of consequence would EVER be accomplished with your impatient and weenie mindset. You don't run off with your tail tucked when things are difficult.
And Bush made his bed with the international community. Now he's being made to lie in it. (And lie, and lie, and lie....)
You said they should be asked to help. He asked them to help. I think complicity in the Oil For Food program was one of the reasons they said No, when they should have said Yes.
Meanwhile, he's destroying the US military. Great job there, Mr. Pres.
The US military is doing what they were organized and trained to do, and doing it brilliantly. I do agree that they should be increased to an overwhelming force--and should have been at the beginning. Nothing is done perfectly, and all contingencies aren't planned for--but the defeat was overwhelming. The political aspect is moving ahead as good as can be expected in this situation.

McT-- Can you link the evidence for your statement that the US is in charge of mass murder instead of the terrorists?
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 07:47 am
Lash wrote:

There is a vast gulf between "There is nothing wrong" and "there are alot of serious challenges, but we won't cut and run before the work is completed". Many critical things in history have been necessary and very costly.

Rule #1 when you find yourself in a hole...stop digging
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 02:48 pm
As I said. Continue your Pollyanna ways, Lash. One of these days you'll awaken to the vast damage this ridiculous adventure has caused this nation.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 02:51 pm
The net result remains to be seen.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 03:30 pm
And so you work your way back to "the end justifies the means."

Everytime I think I'm completely jaded, someone makes me realize once again how perverse most human beings are....
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 09:05 pm
Was the result of WWI worth the means? Was the result of WWII worth the means?

Is anything EVER worth war in your estimation?

Thank God the men of that time weren't like you.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 09:56 pm
Yes, some things are worth going to war over.

Made-up reasons are not among those things.

Personally, I prefer to live in reality.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 10:25 pm
Then, get with it.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 10:37 pm
lol. Is that the best response you can come up with?

BTW, WWI was run by a bunch of incompetent idiots, too. "Avoid the machine guns? Nonsense! The frontal attack is what wins battles!"
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 10:43 pm
LOL! So true.

And so deja vue.....sigh.....
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 12:20 am
I'm sure you could have pulled off the whole thing with no problems.

Monday morning quarterbacks. Back seat drivers.

Worthless, strutting cocks, the lot. All squawk.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 09:26 am
Lash
Lash wrote:
I'm sure you could have pulled off the whole thing with no problems.

Monday morning quarterbacks. Back seat drivers.

Worthless, strutting cocks, the lot. All squawk.

Lash, it takes a quack to know one.

BBB Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 09:40 am
Which is why you all hang together, I'm sure.

<imagine stupid emoticons>
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 09:34 pm
Lash wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
Please show where I said Iraq was a paradise. Again, as I JUST said, there is a difference between "nothing being wrong" and "plenty of serious challenges that are worth the end result". It happens in every war and during every birth of a nation. Nothing of consequence would EVER be accomplished with your impatient and weenie mindset. You don't run off with your tail tucked when things are difficult..

And here I was thinking Iraq had already been a nation.

Like, a really old nation.

Like, so old it's considered the birthplace of civilization.

Like, so old that it's the birthplace of Abraham, who is the father of Judiasm, Christianity AND Islam.

Like, so old that writing actually started there.

Like, so old that Baghdad was a trading center for Islamic Empire back around 1300 years ago.

And, we are suppose to think these people are helpless and need help developing a nation?
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 10:52 am
I have a niece, age 24, Yale graduate (poli sci) who works for USAID (state department). She in in northern Iraq attempting to "improve" Iraqi agriculture. This is where agriculture was invented, ten thousand years ago... I'm perplexed.
0 Replies