Poll: Happy Belated Mother's Day 2023! Did you do anything special for the holiday?

Reply Tue 16 May, 2023 01:10 am
Hi. Happy Belated Mother's Day 2023! Sunday, May 14 was the holiday. I almost forgot about it.

I didn't really do anything special. I tried calling my mom to wish her a Happy Mother's Day but I wasn't able to get her on the phone.

Did you do anything special for the holiday?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 519 • Replies: 4
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 16 May, 2023 03:25 am
Mothering Sunday was back in March, and no I didn't do anything. My mother and my wife are both dead so there's not much point.

The worst thing was when my youngest was at school and expected to do so craft thing for his mother when he dicn't have one.

Just give it to your dad wasn't mucn of an alternative either.

Mothering Sunday originally had nothing to do with one's mother and wss all to do with one's mother church.

That was the day you would return home to attend a service in your parish church you attended as a child.

I undrrstand there is a Mother's Day in America on a different day, sometime in May, but that has nothing to with the church is therefore Godless, and most likely Satanic.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Tue 16 May, 2023 04:07 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I understand there is a Mother's Day in America on a different day, sometime in May, but that has nothing to with the church is therefore Godless, and most likely Satanic.

Just like SANTA.... (The clue is in the spelling)
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 16 May, 2023 06:47 am
Celebrated a poll-less Mother's Day. Do more poll-less holidays, please.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 16 May, 2023 12:08 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
We banished him a long time ago.

Father Christmas rules the roost over here.
0 Replies