Amazon Service has gone to heck

jcboy

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2023 06:49 pm
You know my brother and sister in law have Harley's. They like to ride. I don't like it but whatever. I went on the Harley website and ordered them both new Harley jackets and bluetooth helmets and I paid the extra shipment charges to have them delivered two days direct, it still toke them five days for delivery and they still charged me the two day direct. Now Harley is ignoring me. It cost me over two grand for those jackets and helmets the least they can do it refund me for the shipping charges! Confused
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 12 • Views: 1,677 • Replies: 27

View best answer, chosen by jcboy
roger

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2023 08:03 pm
@jcboy,
They certainly should.
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2023 08:30 am
@jcboy,
1. The Harley Davidson brand has absolutely nothing to do with Amazon. I am sure if it was the "official" brand you could buy via their official website, and actually call a company representative.

2. If you have a problem with anything you ordered from Amazon then you might as well return it, as they have that policy. You have people on youtube ordering expensive stuff only to make their "video" and brag about the product. Like a person returning something because they "not as described", but we are talking about a "pattern" of the abuse of "return policy". Amazon return policy is so open, half the time it is on Amazon ( making them lose money and keeping you inside with the idea of spending money.

3. Most of that returned stuff ends up in a warehouse where it is auctioned off for lower prices, and eventually into a warehouse/dumpsite. A lot of the material is actually better then working and or good for use. Amazon is providing landfills of stuff that could be passed on to 2nd/3rd world countries.

4. Most likely the return policy is because of religious concerns. "Thou shall not own stuff that will rust and or mold" and that mentality that causes a person to gut out the insides of a house before settling in. I mean gutting out the house is the ultimate way to rid it of vermin but the dead-skin-cells, among other entities that accumulates
0 Replies

tsarstepan
  Selected Answer

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2023 08:42 am
@jcboy,
Not sure you have a case here.

They should in good faith, refund part or all of your shipping charges but they may have the technical loophole covering themselves. Depending on when in the time and day, Harley Davidson has .. a bit of (possibly unfair) wiggle room to their shipping and handling process. Look at the conditions on the shipping speeds below.

https://imgur.com/KrdlO8A.jpg

Shipping and Delivery

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2023 09:00 am
@jcboy,

everything has gone to heck since the pandemic hit...
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2023 09:29 am
@jcboy,
It would have been cheaper for you to have signed up for Prime for a month, then cancelled. Just a head's up for future purchases.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2023 01:45 pm
I guess I'll let it go, it was only 2 X 17.95 but I thought it was the principle that mattered. He got a little mad at me for buying them gifts but I wanted to do it. His father may have paid his child support but he never gave him anything. The helmets are pretty cool with the built in blue tooth, they can talk back and forth while riding.

https://www.linkpicture.com/q/Screen-Shot-2023-03-02-at-8.48.18-AM.png

I never realized how expensive Harley Davidson jackets were!

https://www.linkpicture.com/q/Screen-Shot-2023-03-02-at-9.33.00-AM_1.png
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2023 01:47 pm
@tsarstepan,
I see that two day express, it does day 2 to 4 days but it took 6, maybe they don't include the weekends?
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2023 02:03 pm
@jcboy,
It says they don't include the weekend as business days.

Did you find a phone number to their customer service (instead of email)?
jcboy

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2023 02:11 pm
@tsarstepan,
I did but didn't call them, just sent two emails since they never responded to the first one. I just received an automatic reply back saying they would contact me within three business days.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2023 03:24 pm
I am confused, have you ordered the Harley helmet/jackets directly from
Harley Davidson or from Amazon? Amazon Prime is really paying off, if you buy a lot there.
jcboy

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2023 03:29 pm
@CalamityJane,
I was on Amazon when I ordered them, a friend of mine told me they are shipped by Amazon but they come from the online Harley Davidson Store.
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2023 03:33 pm
@jcboy,
Have you contacted Amazon? They're usually very customer oriented and will refund you the extra shipping cost, even though Harley won't.
jcboy

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2023 03:43 pm
@CalamityJane,
I did by email and they said they would get back to me within 3 business days but I haven't heard anything. I think when you place an order through Amazon they go to the vendor and have it shipped to their warehouse and they must get a kick back from the vendors. If you go to the Harley Davidson website those items are the same price on Amazon.

I wanted to order them Harley Davidson boots but he turned me down and said they didn't need them. Confused
MMarciano

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2023 04:05 pm
@CalamityJane,
You know he not only mothers those two but fathers them as well. I think Morgan feels guilty that his father never sent his brother any gifts so he's doing it. Mike's father wasn't in his life so Morgan is trying to fill his shoes, he sends him gifts at least twice a month and Mike keeps telling him to stop and he never listens! He's a nut.
Mame

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2023 04:07 pm
@MMarciano,
He also loves them.
MMarciano

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2023 04:17 pm
@Mame,
He does, they have become very close. I just saw online today another pending charge for Harley Davidson shirts, it said delivery date was this Saturday, then it was changed to Monday and he had a fit!
Mame

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2023 04:38 pm
@MMarciano,
chuckling @ 'he had a fit!' I can just picture that, lol.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2023 11:33 pm
@MMarciano,
We all love you and JC, kisses from distant mom figure.
jcboy

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2023 05:22 pm
@glitterbag,
Thank you GB, I love being here, now the puerto rican is a different story, he doesn't have much free time to be on the net Embarrassed
0 Replies