My son lost his dad :-(

Montana

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 10:46 am
My son got that call a little while ago telling him his father died yesterday. This is a very sad day at the Montana ranch :-(

Dana's father died of a massive heart attack due to medication he had become addicted too. He was not a happy man and I hope he finally found the peace he was looking for.

Rest in peace Dana Sr.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,575 • Replies: 96
No top replies

Chai

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 10:49 am
I'm so sorry Montana.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 10:49 am
(((((((((((((((((((BEAR HUG))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 10:50 am
Oh how sad.

How is your son doing?

And, I hate to ask, but it's the first thing that comes to mind so I'll do it anyway, apologies if its insensitive -- what does this mean in terms of all of the child support he owes you?

I guess that even if the answer is bad in terms of getting it, it could be nice in a way to have that chapter closed and move on.

Hugs to you and your son.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 10:53 am
that is very sad news, my condolences to your son, and you as well
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 10:54 am
ohh montana. :-(

im sorry your son has to go through this. I hope he will be ok.
Even though you were not with his dad anymore, im sure this feels pretty bad for you too.
Best of love to the both of you...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 10:54 am
Thank you guys.

Soz
I suppose I could apply for SSI for the back support owed, but I've decided to just let it rest and move on.

My son is holding up better than I am at this point, so I don't think it's hit him yet.

As much as the man has put me through, it's obvious to me now that I still cared about him. After all, he was the father of my son.

I'm glad our last conversation was a civil one. He actually thanked me for being so kind.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 10:55 am
Montana--

You have my sympathies. Young adulthood is a difficult time without dealing with the death of a parent--particularly an ambigious, ambivilant, unloving parent.

Does Dana understand that under the circumstances he's not a monster if he's not overcome with grief?

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 10:58 am
djjd62
Both my son and I thank you guys.

Shewolf
Yeah, just when I thought I didn't care about the man, he has to go and prove me wrong.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 11:01 am
Sorry to hear about that, Montana.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 11:01 am
Noddy24 wrote:
Montana--

You have my sympathies. Young adulthood is a difficult time without dealing with the death of a parent--particularly an ambigious, ambivilant, unloving parent.

Does Dana understand that under the circumstances he's not a monster if he's not overcome with grief?

Hold your dominion.

Thank you Noddy. Yes, my son understands that he's going through a delayed reaction and he knows it will hit him in time. He was told less than an hour ago, so it still needs to sink in. However, I'm in tears and he keeps asking me if I'm ok. Sweet kid!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 11:02 am
Thank you Phoenix
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 11:03 am
Ah, honey. As much as we try to hate people, it just doesn't work out. Aren't you glad, Montana, that it doesn't?

Thinking of your Dana now.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 11:03 am
My son wants me to thank you all as well for your kind words.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 11:05 am
Letty
Yes, you're right. I am glad and I'm also glad that I didn't do the usual ripping his head off the last time we spoke. Thanks ;-)
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 11:05 am
Sweetie, although your ex was helpless, you aren't. Jr. is a very lucky guy, under the circumstances. He has a wonderful mother.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 11:06 am
Montana - there was obviously something about your son's father that made him likeable and loveable - and you liked him and loved him.

Enough to have a child - who you love intensely - with him.

There's no surprise that you're mourning the loss of the man you once loved a great deal.

Take good care of yourself and your son.

Remember the good days.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 11:08 am
Thank you for saying that, Panzade. That means the world to me :-)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 11:08 am
Echoing what all have said, and Hugs, Montana and Dana.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 11:09 am
Montana--

Perhaps you aren't mourning the man, but the positive parts of the past you shared and the future that Dana will never have?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » My son lost his dad :-(
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 10:57:22