Small claims court for belongings?

oralloy

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2022 10:39 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
That's the triumph of hope over experience.
I think he'll just be throwing good money after bad.

Courts are there for a reason. He does have a case to make.

And how much does small claims court cost anyway?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2022 10:46 am
@oralloy,
You're asking me, a UK citizen, how much small claims courts cost in America.

Have a word with yourself.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2022 11:00 am
@oralloy,
Less than $200 normally.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2022 12:38 pm
@neptuneblue,
All depends on location, but $10 to file/you recover if you prevail, awards are $5,000 or under.
0 Replies

CarHauler955

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2022 01:47 pm
@izzythepush,
In the end it isn't money that's an issue. It's truly the ethics or morals of the situation. My stuff is my stuff and vice-versa. I've never eluded to anyone here being a part of such. If you read through the responses again you'll see there was more poured into by Neptune than what was given information wise.

Ah yes; ad hominem to the idea you know anything beyond your understanding outside of this thread. You may be one in the same. Merry Christmas & GFYM. Tit for tat. 😘
0 Replies

CarHauler955

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2022 01:58 pm
@neptuneblue,
It's understood the whole process in and of itself will take a very long time to move past; that's a given. That itself isn't the point of this thread. Thank you for the advice but it comes as "preaching to the choir". 🤷‍♂️

I do want my belongings back yes. Crazy to think one should have to explain why that may be but here we are. I don't expect a result from an online forum. 😂 I also cannot see the future as to what a judge would or would not say; speculation.

I haven't done anything yet as I spend the entirety of a working week away from home. As far as 5 states away. On top of that the county in which this would take place is a 45 minute drive.

I also have someone working for me on this topic/situation outside of law enforcement/judicial. As a POS ex such as myself I do not wish to incur a debt onto my ex if at all possible; I consider beyond myself before doing things.

0 Replies

CarHauler955

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2022 02:00 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I do have a vested interest in my own belongings; guilty as charged. I am not guilty however of wanting to put myself back into a now worse situation than I was in prior. 🤣 I am no moron and surely not a step father. You can take that as fact.
0 Replies

CarHauler955

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2022 02:03 pm
@izzythepush,
People that really piss me off are one's that assume & equate things without proper evidence/conjecture. "Nasty" has not entered the thread. 😉
0 Replies

CarHauler955

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2022 02:07 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Not quite. This thread does seem to have many that know more about the OP than the OP does about himself; that's what's interesting!

Kenny Rogers was a good one.
0 Replies