Fetanyl

gollum

Sat 1 Oct, 2022 04:27 pm
I read of the large number of deaths in the U.S. from fentanyl.

How do the deaths achieve the goals of the sellers of fentanyl? Why don't the sellers try to reduce the deaths?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 506 • Replies: 11
Topic Closed
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by gollum
tsarstepan

Sat 1 Oct, 2022 07:02 pm
@gollum,
You're not very bright.
1. They're not selling fentanyl... directly.
2. They're selling other drugs cut with fentanyl because due to it's the cheap cost of manufacturing gives the dealers a much higher profit rate.
3. Fentanyl is more notoriously addictive than other drugs.
4. People thinking they are getting less potent drugs are now unknowingly addicted to fentanyl.
5. On your insanely naive premise? Do you think they care? The market isn't going to go away anytime soon. Even after countless people die from the... (sigh... you think they have a moral code!?!) Fentanyl lacing of their product? Not everyone dies from fentanyl usage.

I bet you believe in the urban legend that you could die from fentanyl just by skin exposure. Spoilers? You can't.

Good grief. This reasoning has been explained to death in the news and media. Unless, (which I suspect) you're only media sources are of the right wing ilk: Fox News, One America News, etc...? It's not my personal conspiracy theory. How do you not know this already?

Since you literally never give context to your naive questions, do you mind if I ask if you're a bot? You often come off as a bot. Are you a bot? Will you ever give us context for your questions?
izzythepush

Sun 2 Oct, 2022 05:46 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

You're not very bright.

Good grief. This reasoning has been explained to death in the news and media. Unless, (which I suspect) you're only media sources are of the right wing ilk: Fox News, One America News, etc...? It's not my personal conspiracy theory. How do you not know this already?

Agreed, on both counts.
0 Replies

Bubbles66

Sun 2 Oct, 2022 06:16 am
When I saw this title of 'Fentanyl' it made me shudder about mention of deaths due to the usage.

Of course there will be addicts who take this or mixed with other things.

But people like me who have this medication prescribed to ease bad pain, it helps for what it is given for, but my word the side effects are not pleasant.

Naturally I was given the lower dose of fentanyl initially, then built up a bit more. Eventually due to how they made me feel I was slowly taken off them to then be given a lower medication, Butrans, still side effects that are not pleasant.

https://i.imgur.com/5QfzCtdl.png

https://i.imgur.com/cj61UIYl.png

neptuneblue

Sun 2 Oct, 2022 06:23 am
@tsarstepan,
I think your answer is glib, uncompassionate and downright wrong.

Fentanyl is a primary drug prescribed for Pain Management in the United States. It's placed in the form of a patch worn on the skin. It is highly addictive and comes in multiple dosage amounts.

https://americanaddictioncenters.org/fentanyl-treatment/dangers-of-abuse

https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n1867

Maybe actually know about a subject before placing comments about people's intelligence.
izzythepush

Sun 2 Oct, 2022 11:42 am
@neptuneblue,
I doubt very much that Tsar's comment was based on this thread in isolation.

The OP has a thread on whethed it's legal to put a lock on your bathroom door in NY.

And that's just the thin end of the wedge.
izzythepush

Sun 2 Oct, 2022 11:48 am
@Bubbles66,
American drug policy is mental.

Their profit based system denies people operations in favour of medication.

The amount of opioid addiction is off the chart.

Doctors are routinely corrupt, taking money from pharmaceutical companies to prescribe their addictive products whether the patient needs them or not.

This corruption is actually legal over there.

Thank God we've got the NHS.
0 Replies

roger

Sun 2 Oct, 2022 12:02 pm
@neptuneblue,

neptuneblue wrote:

I think your answer is glib, uncompassionate and downright wrong.

Fentanyl is a primary drug prescribed for Pain Management in the United States. It's placed in the form of a patch worn on the skin. It is highly addictive and comes in multiple dosage amounts.

https://americanaddictioncenters.org/fentanyl-treatment/dangers-of-abuse

https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n1867

Maybe actually know about a subject before placing comments about people's intelligence.

Agree. I often learn something from the answers he gets.
0 Replies

gollum

Tue 4 Oct, 2022 03:04 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush-

It wasn't the bathroom door, and I answered you on that thread:

A Fire Department of New York regulation applies to residential interior doors with “entry” type locks, i.e., lockable with a removable key.

This regulation does not apply to “privacy” (bathroom lock that allows it to be locked from one side and usually has a feature to defeat it from the other). This regulation aims to avoid a locked, supposedly unescapable space within the confines of a residence, blocking a possible escape route in case of emergency.

izzythepush

Tue 4 Oct, 2022 03:10 am
@gollum,
You have not answered me on that thread because I have not posted on that thread.

This is probably why Tsar concluded you weren't that bright.
0 Replies

zerojack
  Selected Answer

Tue 4 Oct, 2022 04:37 am
@gollum,
The sellers of fentanyl (the ones who are causing the ODs) are generally drug dealers, sold on the cheapness of the product as another user stated, to cut with other products and make themselves more money.

In this scenario, the deaths can cause an increase in uptake, rather than a decrease, since it makes their product seem more edgy and dangerous. Drug users are often easily sold on things being "cool" if they're deemed 'dangerous' and are happy to play Russian roulette because it will give them a greater rush.

The supplier of the fentanyl, some say it is Chinese State, to the drug dealers on the other hand, benefit from both the drug addictions and the deaths, if indeed they are trying to destabilise a rival country. At least, that is the prevailing view from commentators who sit on this side of the issue.
gollum

Tue 4 Oct, 2022 06:14 am
@zerojack,
zerojack-

Do people in the People's Republic of China buy and use the product?
0 Replies