Sony Vaio laptop sound grief...

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 10:12 pm
Anybody have any clue as to why the sound might be missing from mpeg files when running them on one of my own applications written in BCB and, yet, the same files play perfectly well on the windows media explorer on one of those accursed Sony laptops??

The BCB app runs perfectly well on every other computer I've loaded it on, Win2K or Xp either one.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,700 • Replies: 4
No top replies

OperaGhost

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 10:50 pm
Do you have AC3 or ffdshow compatability on your program? Maybe that has something to do with it? Other than that, I have no idea.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 07:16 pm
OperaGhost wrote:
Do you have AC3 or ffdshow compatability on your program? Maybe that has something to do with it? Other than that, I have no idea.

Far as I know, the files in question are ordinary mpeg2 video files.

I pretty much suspect demonology at this point.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 07:52 pm
Just shooting in the dark here - but have you set file associations for that media type in the Sony's default media player? How does other media behave on that machine - standard audio CD's, ATRAC and other compressed audio, internet streaming, DVDs, etc?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 08:06 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Just shooting in the dark here - but have you set file associations for that media type in the Sony's default media player? How does other media behave on that machine - standard audio CD's, ATRAC and other compressed audio, internet streaming, DVDs, etc?

The very same media files play perfectly well using the media player and, like I say, the application works on every other computer I've tried it on. All I can get from usenet is that the Vaio has had problems with DVD applications; requests for information have gone unanswered.

You couldn't sell me a Sony computer at this point.
0 Replies