Vocal treatments for singers

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 06:33 pm
Hey guys. I love singing and take singing lessons but haven't gotten into any major competitions yet. I will probably be getting into these in the next couple years and I was wondering if any of you know any good treatments for a singer's throat, such as something I could drink or eat before I sing that would help my voice. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 4,246 • Replies: 6
No top replies

OperaGhost

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 08:37 pm
Hey pink! Good luck with your competitions! When I used to sing I used to eat lemons before. I'm not sure why, but it seems to relax your vocal cords so that your voice will come out crystal clear. Also (I never tried this one) I had friends who would eat altoids like they were candy because they clear up the sinuses. Hope this helped. :-D
0 Replies

pink thespian13

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 09:22 pm
Hmm it's worth a shot! Thanks! Anyone else?!
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 03:41 am
I can tell you something NOT to do:
I don;t know about things to make you sing better but if you get a sore throat DON'T suck strepsils - they numb your vocal chords. Suck something like a fruit pastille sweet instead - the sugar and sucking action help a lot without the anaesthetic in the lozenge
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 06:28 am
Gargle with white vinegar and water half and half.
0 Replies

cobinrapner

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 04:28 pm
before i tried out for the all state chorus here, my chorus teacher told me to drink a lot of orange juice and steam. boil some water and put in a medium size bowl. throw a towel over your head and breath in the steam. it feels a little weird but it clears your sinuses and relaxes your throat. lip trills help also. im actually doing all of this right now because i'm trying out for another choir tomorrow. good luck with all of you auditions!
0 Replies

ClydeJoven

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2015 07:20 am
@pink thespian13,
This is something you should avoid: Do not intake lozenges such as Strepsils. I hope I did help. ^_^ Just drink at least 8 glasses of water daily.
0 Replies